Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know my name suggest i have a 406 but i dont yet, im wondering what all would be involved in swapping a 406cid dart block into my 94??? any help would be great, im sure its probally simple b/c its a small block so it should just drop right in, what about the oil pan, can i just use a stock oil pan, so many questions so little time?:confused::confused: thanks

--daniel

G

·
You have a ton of work ahead of you... which dart block were you thinking of starting with? Do they have an LT1 based block? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its a dart little m block, but im not sure, no it has absolutly nothing to do with any LT1 lol, im thinking i could just swap motor mounts and find a front acc. drive and such. im a tech at a local dealership but ive never done one of these so im lost??? i plan on running a F.A.S.T XFI intake system. most chevrolet small blocks are, for the most part, are easy to swap out but again, ive never done this swap before soooooo..............yeah

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the site sucks lol, is that a manual, i think i just want an automatic, i know that t-400 will hold up. what ever tranny i use it will have to hold up a 4200lbs car with 800 horse, so i need something great!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why not stick with the LT1?

Build a stroker shortblock, talk to AI about a heads/cam package, use the LT1 block and accessories and junk - a lot more straightforward swap.

And you can go 396 inches on an LT1 block for not HORRIBLY expensive.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea the dart block will be pretty hard you would def have to do some more research i.e w the turbo 400 and good luck w motor mounts since it doesnt seem anyone else has tried this .......... but good luck mopar chevy and oldsmobile are my favorite and it would be sick to have the dart engine in tha b body !!!!!!:biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts