Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 ls, and im having trouble finding out which fuse to hook my remote wire from my amp up to without draining my battery until my car wont cut on

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tag it from behind the radio, use a power probe and find ignition source off the radio for a remote. Not a 100% sure on that particular car but on some GMs you have to leave the factory radio behind the dash or it will keep draining the battery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When i hooked up my amp i just hooked the remote wire up to one of the tail lights that only turns on when the car is on. Its easy cuz you dont have to try and run another wire through your car.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
homeless ur fukin car is sick with the bags dogg shit looks clean peace:biggrin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a 2004 SS. I just installed my Alpine amp and wired the remote to the remote wire going to the factory amp on the back deck. It is pin 6, its an off white wire, maybe even a very light pink. Use a multimeter if you cant find it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also have the same q, thing is i have an alpine deck, no stock amp, and i know the blue/white wire is the remote out of the deck but what is the best to tap since the radio stays on til you open a door and i dont want to drain my batt either... any tips or is it the same as the previous post?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 2004 SS. I just installed my Alpine amp and wired the remote to the remote wire going to the factory amp on the back deck. It is pin 6, its an off white wire, maybe even a very light pink. Use a multimeter if you cant find it.
x2
Dont use the taillight wire, use what was said above or find an accesory wire in the ignition harness under the steering coloum
Later
Bernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts