Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Impala SS that Will not start...The dist. went out one day and since i have changed the plugs..wires..coil blaster and wire...dist. and vent harness..i even changed the cpu..on the car and still nothing... have plenty of fuel and fuel pump works as well. I checked and there is a spark coming from the dist. to plugs but its not as strong as the spark coming from the coil blaster to the dist.. When I try to turn it over I can hear a slight rumble in the exhaust but will not turn over.... any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, it looks like you changed everthing related to the opti spark but the wire harness from the dist. to the wire harness connector. I have seen them on e-bay for around $20.00. Did you make sure the pin is in the correct opening on the back of the dist.? If is is off will act like it wants to start but will never do so. May get some back fire noise in the intake manafold. What name brand opti did you get? New GM or aftermarket(MSD)? Any more info that could help us resolve the issue? - Lance

·
Registered
3 Posts
if i understand the OP...your opti went out and you replaced it along with plugs, wires, etc and now it will not start..right?

If so I would suspect the Opti was not set on the cam pin correctly

this assumes the original problem was the opti

·
Registered
9 Posts
if i understand the OP...your opti went out and you replaced it along with plugs, wires, etc and now it will not start..right?

If so I would suspect the Opti was not set on the cam pin correctly

this assumes the original problem was the opti

Thank you BALLSS, much better said with less words!:wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the dist.. going out was the first and main issue and after that the car would not start. The dist.. that I used was a gm replacement...I also checked the pig tail harness and all connectors were working.. also checked all connectors for power...and all fuses are fine...even changed the computer...the car ran fine b4 this happened.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Yes the dist.. going out was the first and main issue and after that the car would not start. The dist.. that I used was a gm replacement...I also checked the pig tail harness and all connectors were working.. also checked all connectors for power...and all fuses are fine...even changed the computer...the car ran fine b4 this happened.
I thought you said the dist. you used was from a auto parts place? Most of them do not carry ACDelco/Delphi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I did not mean GM replacement....just a aftermarket replacement...But im going to order a acdelco and see if its helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts