Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a 2006 Chevy Impala LS w/ onstar (but I'am not set up on onstar b/c I just bought the car 3 weeks ago and I'm not going to use onstar). I want to buy this "clarion385vd" indash tv/cd player, and I was looking it was saying I need this $130 part called "GM Factory Integration Adapter General Motors OnStar® data bus interface
Retains OnStar and factory door chime with aftermarket radio in select GM vehicles", Can I just bypass using this if I'm not going to use my onstar at all? b/c if I use this It might not let me play dvd's while I'm driving. Please let me know soon
Thanks,
Josh C

·
Registered
25 Posts
i dont think you need it BUT if you dont use it then you have to connect each wire one by one and make sure you find the right ones.... And if you dont use it you wont have door chimes anymore..... Plus if you ground the brake wire that comes with the unit it will bypass the safety feature and you should be able to watch dvd's at any time even with the harness.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh yah and you can find the harness cheaper than that online. bout 60 is what i paid i think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks, i sent you a private message about that part didnt know if you got it, all it was saying is were did you find that part?

·
Registered
25 Posts
just read it and i got it for crutchfield.com.... and i lied its 80 bucks.

might look around and find it a lil cheaper..... its called a

GM Factory Integration Adapter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts