Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Impala, and have acquired a box and subs. I am not sure the best way to hook up the amp. I also want to buy an aftermarket stereo and want to relocate the factory radio to the trunk. Whats the best way to do that? Best pace to put it? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
for the reloc kit Best Buy/Crutchfield both have them, if you go aftermarket headunit, Just run the RCAs, theres a grommet on the pass side firewall (right by oil filter) that you can use to feed power. Thats about all I can help with..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that's about it. Where do most people put the factory radio after they relocate it? I have heard the trunk. Is it possible to hook up the amp to the factory radio?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I am also looking for some door and rear deck speakers. What does everyone recommend? I want good sound but at a reasonable price. Anything will be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
speakers

me personally i got alpine door and rear deck speakers from Best Buy. sounds real good and i already had 2 12" MA Audio subs with a 1200watt amp pushing it.

·
Banned
351 Posts
You can definitley hook up subs and amp to the stock stereo... you just may not have RCA cable inputs... If thats the case there is something that you can run the speaker wires to that provides rca inputs... i had i done on my camry i think the part costs like 25 bux at Best Buy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts