Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, first time poster. i have a 2014 impala LS that i bought last September and am unhappy with the tires that come with it ( sumitomo ). price is not a big concern as uncle sam is giving another $1200 that i intend to buy tires with :) thanx to all that reply

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did research and got new tires about eight months ago. I had narrowed it down to four options. General Altimax RT 43, Pirelli Cinturato P7, Goodyear Weatherready, BF Goodrich Advantage A/S.
But I was only going for mid level decent all season at a good price. A great place to research tires is tirerack.com
I would pay more attention to the professional testers and reviewers, but the user reviews are useful too.
If you have the $$$, Consumer Reports regularly rates Michilin as the best overall brand.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi, first time poster. i have a 2014 impala LS that i bought last September and am unhappy with the tires that come with it ( sumitomo ). price is not a big concern as uncle sam is giving another $1200 that i intend to buy tires with :) thanx to all that reply
Vogue Signature V's, you will not be disappointed. They wont break the bank, have a very long tread life, very quiet, and make me feel like my car is glued to the road on both wet and dry pavement

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did research and got new tires about eight months ago. I had narrowed it down to four options. General Altimax RT 43, Pirelli Cinturato P7, Goodyear Weatherready, BF Goodrich Advantage A/S.
But I was only going for mid level decent all season at a good price. A great place to research tires is tirerack.com
I would pay more attention to the professional testers and reviewers, but the user reviews are useful too.
If you have the $$$, Consumer Reports regularly rates Michilin as the best overall brand.
Toyos hp2s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx to all that offered advice (y) i just bought a set of goodyear assurance maxlife from local tires shop, got them for $756 tax and all. includes spin balancing too!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
68 Posts
never touched the first one, still setting in my checking account
That's good. Just didnt want you putting yourself in a tough situation

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a set of Michelin Premieres on my 2011 W-body Impala and it was almost like getting a new car. I put almost 40,000 miles on those tires before the car was totaled last December (not my fault) and I was completely satisfied with them. I was especially pleased when I found the 2013 Buick LaCrosse with which I replaced the Impala had the same tires on it. They have been equally satisfactory on that car. I would not hesitate to buy them again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
General Altimax RT43's are absolutely amazing. I live in Minneapolis, MN and all I can say is they are amazing. Sidewalls are a little bit thin and can lead to some body roll on the cloverleaf. I bought another car and wanted something a little more sporty looking and I have to say Discount Tire's Yokohama YK740 GTX has also been amazing in all weather, however with just a bit more lateral slide in icy conditions. If you want to just simply move in any weather, either of these are tires fantastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts