Impala Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, I finally got the bumper off, and there is dirt everywhere. I'm currently cleaning out the mess, and taking pictures. The two modules on either side are not budging. I'm about to get a screwdriver to see if I can pry it out. It was just dirty, which is why it was stuck. I don't see any swelling or corrossion, and unplugging the sensor on the left hand side didn't fix the issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Pics attached. Rrh to rlh

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sorry that unplugging the side detection modules didn't bring things back. In doing some more research there is an HMI, human machine interface, module update that fixes a lot of issues, from blank screens to phone connectivity issues. The update is for HMI module build versions older than gmg2_14.0f105. Press power + menu + home to bring up The version number screen. The TSB is PI1375C. On code U0140 there is a tsb#PIT4730B that has you look for shorts in the high speed GM Lan circuits (2500 & 2501) witch have experienced an intermitent short to ground while going over bumps.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry that unplugging the side detection modules didn't bring things back. In doing some more research there is an HMI, human machine interface, module update that fixes a lot of issues. The TSB is PI1375C.

It went back into theft mode, and my gauges were going crazy while I was driving. Human machine interface update sounds a lot like "learn to use your stuff" lol.

https://youtu.be/qLNFzvsOYIk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry that unplugging the side detection modules didn't bring things back. In doing some more research there is an HMI, human machine interface, module update that fixes a lot of issues, from blank screens to phone connectivity issues. The update is for HMI module build versions older than gmg2_14.0f105. Press power + menu + home to bring up The version number screen. The TSB is PI1375C. On code U0140 there is a tsb#PIT4730B that has you look for shorts in the high speed GM Lan circuits (2500 & 2501) witch have experienced an intermitent short to ground while going over bumps.

I can't see the screen to be able to bring up a version number lol. I won't be able to go to a mechanic until the end of the month, but this sounds like my issue.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ya this is definitely a dealer bring in issue. Some sort of internal computer messing up/grounded out. Best of luck,

Let us know how it comes about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you ever resolve this issue. My 2014 LT2 has had similar issues with the infotainment system and I've been trying to find a solution.

My 8" MyLink screen died about a year ago. The buttons on the control panel all stopped working, except for the one that puts the screen up and down. My radio and all my steering wheel controls still work. Sounds exactly like your problem, right?

The dealer diagnosed it as the screen being shorted out and said I needed to replace the control panel. They wanted $1100 to do that and I told them no way, mostly because I don't think it's the control panel at all.

I recently bought a working used control panel from the junkyard and swapped it in. Unfortunately the problem persisted. If the control panel was the issue then I should have received a LOCKED screen of some kind until I could have the dealer unlock it by VIN programming it. So it's not the control panel.

So the question is whether or not it's the HMI, and what my options are to diagnose/replace it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi, did you ever resolve this issue. My 2014 LT2 has had similar issues with the infotainment system and I've been trying to find a solution.

My 8" MyLink screen died about a year ago. The buttons on the control panel all stopped working, except for the one that puts the screen up and down. My radio and all my steering wheel controls still work. Sounds exactly like your problem, right?

The dealer diagnosed it as the screen being shorted out and said I needed to replace the control panel. They wanted $1100 to do that and I told them no way, mostly because I don't think it's the control panel at all.

I recently bought a working used control panel from the junkyard and swapped it in. Unfortunately the problem persisted. If the control panel was the issue then I should have received a LOCKED screen of some kind until I could have the dealer unlock it by VIN programming it. So it's not the control panel.

So the question is whether or not it's the HMI, and what my options are to diagnose/replace it...

So sorry that i didn't see this earlier. My car is actually in the dealership now. They are talking with GM to see if i can get it covered under bumper to bumper. I've got a case open and all that jazz. I described everything to the technicians rep and left the car there Monday. Wednesday night i heard back. They say, " your sensor is shorted out. 1200 to fix, parts + labor. if you want us to look at anything else, pay us more to daignose. " so gm is now in negotiation with the dealership, and i will hear back monday. i'll keep you updated as to how this goes. i have a much deeper issue other than, my "sensors being shorted".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've heard back and my side detection sensors are internally shorted, which is allegedly giving my BCM odd signals, which led to my cluster going nuts. Its been a week since i gave the OK to proceed with radio diagnosis and i've heard nothing back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

I have my car back, and the display is in working order. There was apparently a poor connection between the HMI and the display on the HMI end. The module wasn't bad, and there were no parts replaced. Cost me 165 for the "repair". They said that my issue was caused by someone taking apart the dash before, which was me, but that's not correct as the display didn't work which is WHY I went in there.

The side detection module was removed from the circuit and I am no longer receiving errors. They wanted 1100 to replace them, but I've found that gm uses these all throughout their vehicles including Buick and Cadillac. You can find them for a little over 100.00 each on ebay. I work for a tier 1 supplier so I may be able to find an even better deal.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts