Impala Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Found out some interesting info today. The stamped numbers on the block are definatly 275 horse 327 and the last digits are HAH and there is a big stamped H on the intake which means factory Holley carb

Discussion starter · #47 ·
well its been quite a while since i have been on here, lots going on including me becoming a grampa!!!!

wagon just went in for paint, decided to ditch the side trim and wood grain and go with factory color, going satin finish without clear, leaving interior stock and repainting all metal trim parts, i have the 454 and 4 speed all done and ready to bolt in. decided its a keeper since iam going to be into it for around $1000 total so i might as well make it somewhat what i want and just enjoy it, no butchering other than floor shift hole in the floor and welding side trim holes in so not too big of a deal to go back to complete stock again if need be, i ended up getting a really nice front seat out of 66 caprice 2 door hardtop which is called a strato seat, full bench with bucket backs and fold down center arm rest, google it. so iam trying to decide weather to go stock seat or this one, either way i have to recover front seat, just having a tough time finding replacement cover for strato seat. 4 speed i have is a my-6 chevy out of 80s chevy pick up, uses car shifter and has same gearing as 700r4 auto, they are the old dodge a883 tranny used behind the 426 hemi in the 60s and 70s, chevy revamped them for the chev v8, anyway i will be posting more pics and let you guys know how the process is coming along, cant wait to drive this beast!!!!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.