Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts

Thanks for the forgiveness. I just saw the post and couldn't believe that of all the original post I read that no-one noticed it wasn't a 65. I guess the older I get I forget that not everyone knows lots about the older cars. I have been a car nut my whole life and much doesn't get by me. However even though I have owned lots and my newest impala was an 06 LTZ, I sort of have just given in to not maintaining my current knoledge so I guess I should not expect others to know everything about the older ones either.

jeff

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
pics are kinda big sorry, i can build a wicked custom harley but my computer skills are lacking lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
gauges

Nice gauge package. Looks like what came in the Caprice that year. Never seen one in a wagon though. Keep them. You have an interesting car and wagons although to me have always been cool, they have gained popularity and exceptance by most people these days. I say build it 99% stock except some wheels and tires and mild work on the motor.

Jeff

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Nice gauge package. Looks like what came in the Caprice that year. Never seen one in a wagon though. Keep them. You have an interesting car and wagons although to me have always been cool, they have gained popularity and exceptance by most people these days. I say build it 99% stock except some wheels and tires and mild work on the motor.

Jeff
yeah i think thats the way i'm going to go, i may just leave the rallies on it, i have always liked them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
so does anyone have any input on what this thing may be worth? i'm kinda curious, in this shape with matching numbers all original, i ran all the numbers on the block and everything matches

·
Registered
525 Posts
Although a 454 4-Speed would be interesting, there is nothing like an all original car of interest, like you have, especially with the Factory 3-Speed Manual. I don't have a dollar figure on what it is worth, except that it would be worth more restored all original.

Except for the wheels though. Even though I would search for a set of the original type Deep Dish Factory 14 Inch Wagon Wheels and Factory Hubcaps to just say that you have them, the Rallies are pretty cool.

The 327/275 that you have there is also one of the best engines Chevy ever built.

Bill

·
Registered
525 Posts
yes it was, its all hooked up and attaches to the underside of the dash, why?
Those Gauges are the ones that go with the Factory Console on a Super Sport or a Caprice as Jeff has mentioned. If they are factory original in your wagon, that would be pretty rare and extra special.

Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
the gauges came mounted under the dash but i think you are correct that they would have come from a console setup, the mounting points just dont look right, does not fit smooth under dash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
so far this is my plan, original 327 with a bit of dress up, nice dual exhaust, 4 speed definatly, corvette rallies with clear coat over patina. redo front seat and get a carpet set, no butchering other than hole cut in floor for shifter, then if i decide to sell her i can put it all back together stock, or if not happy with 327 i will bolt in the beast!!!!!454

21 - 40 of 47 Posts