Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to re-plasti dip my rims. What i want to do is make the spokes black and leave the rest gray. Here are pictures of the Black .... Gray(stock) .... The way they are now. I suck at photo shop so you will just have to imagine the spokes black. What do ya'll think? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I like the black too

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Either way looks good, 2 tone masking is hard to do with dip. The black looks sleek, but the black/silver looks fancy. I do like BlLLAACCCKKKKK more tho.

Reactions: kevin

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess what i am asking is what do you think instead of having the inside black make the outside black and the inside silver. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
18,505 Posts
I like the inside black and outside silver. Doing it vice-versa wouldn't look bad though!

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
All black!

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I like the all black and the 2-tone but I think the reverse 2-tone would look weird. Look at the shape of what you'd leave silver... I don't think I'd want that shape to stand out!

Reactions: kevin

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Pic 3. lol

BTW, when I did mine, I masked off the ring, but you need to pull the tape off immediately. If you don't, it peels and ruins it. Regardless, lines are not perfect, but unless you're 6" away, it looks great.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pic 3. lol

BTW, when I did mine, I masked off the ring, but you need to pull the tape off immediately. If you don't, it peels and ruins it. Regardless, lines are not perfect, but unless you're 6" away, it looks great.
Same with mine .... if you 6" away ... your to damn close to the car anyway! :beer:

Reactions: donmateo

·
Registered
29 Posts
i would like to see it if you can pull it off! but would you tape off the inside or what? i cant decide which way would give the cleanest results...:dunno:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I would tape off the inside and dip the out side. Worth a shot .... If I don't like it I will peal it off and go back the way they are now.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well here is what it looks like when i started.... didn't take long to figure out i didn't like it. Now I have to spray it back the way it was and either try and clean the others to match or re-spray them as well. :bang::bang: This was just a down and dirty spray to see what it would look like. Wife talked me into finishing it and see then .... more pic's to come. P.S. It is a bitch to do.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,791 Posts
I agree with Don..... Pic #3 :eek:k3:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well ran out of time to re-do all the rims so going with plan B ..... all black:beer: ....... For now until i get time to make them back the way they were in pic 3.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts