Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I ended up selling my custom caprice to one of my mechanics. Spent 9 years with that car and completely customed everything inside and out. It went to a good home.

I bought a 1995 9C1 caprice as its replacement. 133,000 miles and it was a barely used Federal Government car. White civi looking exterior with common blue interior. However it has options other 9C1's typically never got. Posi rear that works flawlessly, Cruise control,carpet, rear window defrost,civi interior stuff and it was never smoked in and everything inside looks 99% new. I have seen too many of these cars to count and this one is the cream of the crop so far.

The salvage title means nothing to me since im keeping it and not selling it. It seems to have more power than I have run into in one of these cars in a long time. What really amazed me is the MPG....I filled it up and drove it for about 334.4 miles and went to fill it up again and determine my mileage. Well, I did the math more than once and came up with the same answer....31.xx MPG! Yes, its a "P" coded car.

The only thing I cant understand is why this car was so optioned but they allowed it to be built with manual mirrors. Not that big a deal but come on, manual mirrors? Thats it for now.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Great find on your new car. Now you are telling me how spoiled you are with the outside electric mirrors, hehe. I have never owned a vehicle with electric mirrors. Had electric windows once, not overly impressed.

I grant you if I had owned a vehicle with all electrics I would be spoiled too.:biggrin:

I do not want the Cadillac series with the auto moving steering wheel, pedals, seats, mirror adjustments, and climate plus radio tuning. I know a person whom owns one and the first time he started the car while I was talking to him I saw the steering wheel lower and extend, the pedal move towards him and his seat lower and move forward. I do not like that at all.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many cars, even older cars have the "memory" function for up to 2 drivers settings. Only thing I miss is the heated part of the exterior mirrors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
congrats dont put another ugly ass tail lip on this one?

pictures?

how much did you pay for it?

how much did you get for urs?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds like a great score. Probably some admin car that never got abused. Sucks about the mirrors though. It's been so long, I can't remember if my dept's 9c1's had electric mirrors or not. I'm thinking they did, because I don't remember being frustrated by that when using one while my crown vic was in the shop. I do recall not having a center console sucking quite a bit though. There's alot of space between those two seats!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats dont put another ugly ass tail lip on this one?

pictures?

how much did you pay for it?

how much did you get for urs?
The spoiler was hand made by David Langness. It was functional and it was to my liking. This car will stay just the way it is, stock and working perfectly. My other car served me in the way few have ever served their owners.....as the pictures on my site show, it went auto-x,street race,off road on dirt bike trails and countless forms of abuse by me after the OC Sheriff's dept retired it with only 80,000 miles. Only major repair I ever did was replace the trans at 150,000. I began building it 9 years ago little by little, and it became something I still like to this day.

Now it belongs to one of my co workers and I still get to see it everyday. I sold it to him for much less than I could have got for my interior alone, because I know it went to a good home and will be taken care of. I did not want to chance it and sell it just to see some clown put 30" wheels on it and make it look like a pos rather than what it is.

Sounds like a great score. Probably some admin car that never got abused. Sucks about the mirrors though. It's been so long, I can't remember if my dept's 9c1's had electric mirrors or not. I'm thinking they did, because I don't remember being frustrated by that when using one while my crown vic was in the shop. I do recall not having a center console sucking quite a bit though. There's alot of space between those two seats!
From what the owner told me, it was federal admin, however I feel it may have been even more than that. I found a padlock and chain in the trunk used to secure the trunk from being accessed even if you popped the trunk from the switch. I think some agents may have had some nice automatics in the trunk at one time. I was told today that all I need is to grow a beard and I would look like I fit in this car 100% (old people plain car) and thats fine with me, im not a teen anymore and do not need to beat my car by racing light to light again.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
so what about exhaust upgrades Angle i know you still want to hear your new (used) 9c1 when racing stoplight to stoplight lmao ???? just wondering if u had any plans:confused::biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had had 4 diff exhaust systems over 9 years. I truly enjoy the stealth factor of not being heard as well as its just plain nice to have a car running and not even know its on because its that quiet. Guess im getting old but I like the quiet now.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
wow never thought id hear that ....... but thats ok sometimes i like that you cant hear my car running yet either , soon to change though..... just thought id ask :biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will understand after a few weeks of having a exhaust system on your car. Just remember, quiet does not mean its not fast:)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
you got me there 2shay:biggrin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't know... when I very recently had my SS in the shop, I thought it might be nice to drive something that was smooth and quiet for a while. Nope, it sucked.

I get what you're saying though, it might be nice to have a compliant daily driver, then the SS for the weekend. I used to have a 95 nissan 240sx (yes, still RWD for all you Wimpala guys) for a daily, but that was modded pretty well too, so I'd have to get a minivan or something that just isn't worth modding. Of course, I'd probably do it anyways, just to be an ass.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
:biggrin:modded minivan nice!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I don't know... when I very recently had my SS in the shop, I thought it might be nice to drive something that was smooth and quiet for a while. Nope, it sucked.

I get what you're saying though, it might be nice to have a compliant daily driver, then the SS for the weekend. I used to have a 95 nissan 240sx (yes, still RWD for all you Wimpala guys) for a daily, but that was modded pretty well too, so I'd have to get a minivan or something that just isn't worth modding. Of course, I'd probably do it anyways, just to be an ass.

WHAT EXHAUST U RUNNING????

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds like a nice car. I give you no more than a month before you start changing things up.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a nice car. I give you no more than a month before you start changing things up.

Well, might have already lost that one. Being that it was a Gov. car, single key and all....I had my gadget shop install a fancy doodad alarm with ignition kill and also had them install a factory GM cd player like in 95-96 impala.

I guess the only MOD I had him do out of those 2 simple install was delete the alarm ricer siren speaker and wire it to work off the horn for a more factory tone. I really am NOT trying to change this car one bit. It has been pleasant to drive since I got it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
WHAT EXHAUST U RUNNING????
Hooker cat-back with CIA tri-y's and cats. IMO, it's not very loud, but I'm always inside the car. I've heard different from others- especially my neighbor.

It's unfortunate he doesn't have the same appreciation for the free flowing exhaust I have. Just the other day as I was driving home, I noticed he was going for a jog. I was approaching from behind, so I got real close and gave him a nice, friendly blip of the throttle. As I passed, I looked in my rear view mirror, and saw what I thought was him gesturing that I was, as I was always told by my public education system growing up, number one. Come to find out later, apparently I startled him and he was, in fact, flipping me off!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts