Impala Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interestingly, I do like how the chrome strip lines up with the reverse lamps on the 06-11. However, I like the monochromatic look of the 12-16 better.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like the dash over the glove box and the pin stripe under the windows from front to back. The hood & front clip are a bit on the plain style tho on your white one

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is sad that the only Impala logo that came stock was the one on the dashboard, considering the commercials when the 8th gen first came on the market. They really used the Impala animal a lot in their commercials so deleting them was like giving it an identity crisis. Bought them used on eBay for like $8, brand new from GM would've been about $80 for both sides. Wasn't doing that, that's for sure!
I have also been looking on e-bay and amazon for the Impala badges to go on the pillars. What technique did you line them up and level them consistently to attach them? I can't imagine I would have the steady hand and spatial judgement to just wing it on attaching these things.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have also been looking on e-bay and amazon for the Impala badges to go on the pillars. What technique did you line them up and level them consistently to attach them? I can't imagine I would have the steady hand and spatial judgement to just wing it on attaching these things.
To be honest, I just wung it myself, in the dark at that. lol Well, I sort of looked at my previous gen Impala and looked to see where they were located on there. But I sort of measured up with my fingers and just guesstimated. It's actually harder to make sure they're around the same spot on both sides as one side could be higher or lower than the other, or closer to the rear 3rd window etc. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
146 Posts
To be honest, I just wung it myself, in the dark at that. lol Well, I sort of looked at my previous gen Impala and looked to see where they were located on there. But I sort of measured up with my fingers and just guesstimated. It's actually harder to make sure they're around the same spot on both sides as one side could be higher or lower than the other, or closer to the rear 3rd window etc. :eek:k3:
Damn. I had a sneaking suspicion that "winging it" was going to be the response :D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts