Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 Buick Roadmaster

I just need to turn it off so I can pass inspection.

Disconnect the wire?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You sure it is only the parking brake?

Is the brake pedal suddenly mushy, car doesn't stop good?

First check your brake fluid one reservoir may be empty, or near so.

It sounds like your balance valve may have moved off center, causing the brake light all the time.

If the fluid went away, find out where the leak is, hose, tubing or wheel cylinder. Ten fix the leak, fill it up. You'll have to bleed the brakes in a certain sequence to get the valve back to center...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres a little button up under the dash,right by the parking brake,that works the light.it might need adjusted.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this problem with a similar model car. It turned out I had a brake cylinder leaking on a rear wheel. It's a pretty simple repair (if you can get the drum apart). It could be other things, though, too including an electrical problem. I'd just have a break inspection done. Some shops will do that free, but I've paid as much as $30 for one.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That could b brake fluid.r could b ur shoes r pads r at their limit, Ders a senser in ur brakes ta let ya know when dey need ta b changed!! just ta pass ur test take the bulb out!!!! but do get ur brakes checked!!!!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the Buick has the pedal style parking brake. It is probably the return spring in the pedal assembly. to check raise the pedal by hand and see if the light goes off. If so, secure it in that location. I believe to fix you have to replace the p-brake assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts