Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Ladies and Gents, just got in my MPD1 hood and looks sooo amazing and bad ass. I know it costs around a grand, but sooo worth it :) Eric, does high quality work and totally gets the WOW facter from everyone I talk too. Really gives your car an aggressive look to it.:cool::yikes: Still not done with what I'm doing to it, more mods to come!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,726 Posts
Plans to paint it, right?

·
Registered
651 Posts
that looks really awesome. how does that work does he mod your hood or do you have to give him your old hood as a core exchange ? what years can this be done for? actually you could leave the hood black, reminds me of the Dodge 'cuda from the 70's where no matter what color the car was the hood was black. actually looks like they are coming back with that on their retro's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4V_3isZoxI

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Eric does at MPD1 does, is he has a chevy impala hood mold already there in his shop. He makes it out of a black gel and molds the bottom piece with the top piece and then molds them together. The hood is done in about 2 days to make, but takes 2 to 3 to dry. The hood is a fully functional ram air hood that is made to fit yr car with no work needing to be made or done. The hood fits best if u have a small round K & N air filter in your car. You can order the hood with or with out the air excrators which makes yr car motor cool faster. All I had to do is take my old hood off and put the new one on..Nothing else. it comes black and ready to paint, no sanding or nothing needs to be done. Eric crates the hood in a huge box and is bubble wrapped inside so that yr hood will not get damaged or scratched. The hood is available from 2006-2013..the same body style for all those years..it does take him 2 months to give u one because he gets a lot of orders for different cars. I called him like 20 times because I wanted to know the progress of my hood, but he was understanding and totally took care of me :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Does water get into the engine bay when you drive during a rain storm?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes Ladies and Gents, just got in my MPD1 hood and looks sooo amazing and bad ass. I know it costs around a grand, but sooo worth it :) Eric, does high quality work and totally gets the WOW facter from everyone I talk too. Really gives your car an aggressive look to it.:cool::yikes: Still not done with what I'm doing to it, more mods to come!!!
Anyone have one of these hoods for sale? I called Eric guess he not feeling well, not taking orders. If anyone has one I would buy! [email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
On mine I debadged the IMPALA letters among a few other changes.
I like the graphics and I have no issue letting people know what kind of car it is, but I like subtle...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you still have the impala by chance? Looking for this hood so much and wanted to ask if you are looking to sell. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts