Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the site in Nov 12 knowing this day would come. I flew down to Florida last week and yesterday drove back after buying my dads 04 Impala. It now has 41,538 on the clock after the 1220 mile trip home. its in really great shape except for a few minor issues. Dad isn't a car guy but treats things gently.

The body is in great shape with the exception of a light scuff on the front facia on the DS and a small 1/4" scratch on the rear DS corner

The Interior is equally nice but the audio and cruise buttons are worn through and the leather needs to be treated. Especially the drivers seat.

The wheels are really rough, it was only in Florida for 2 years and before that was up north here but never saw any snow or salt, must be the salty air on the coast. I think the one below is the worst. The plan is to strip them and then either re clear or paint black.

The engine compartment is pretty typical for a car with this mileage. To me its filthy and neglected. There is some surface rust on the mounts and cross brace that needs to be addressed.

I believe that something was replaced here, at the base of the coil is a really shiny metal plate, hopefully you can see it here, can someone tell me what this is?

Mechanically the car is sound except for the following:
Rotors are warped or need surfacing, there is surging when stopping at 55+
O2 sensor needs replacing
ABS light is on and Traction control is not functioning

He had to replace the cat last month, the 02 sensor died after it was replaced
Dad said something was done on the ignition so I believe it was the silver plate near the coil. Firestone did an alignment before we drove it home and said the suspension is solid and honestly it drove great.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good lookin impala, she should clean up nice. The Shiney part is the ICM "ignition control module" they are typically always shiney.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good lookin impala, she should clean up nice. The Shiney part is the ICM "ignition control module" they are typically always shiney.
Thanks, I think it will too. I cleaned out the interior and put leather conditioner on the seats. I wiped down the engine compartment with super clean as well. It is already looking better. I am really dying to do the wheels, they really make the car look crappy.

Looked through dads receipts and saw module on one of the hand written ones.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice looking ride, low miles to boot :) Give 'er a good scrubbing and you'll be in business. Congrats!!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: PICHERS!!!!!

It should really clean up nice, with little TLC and Elbow Grease! The wheels could be sanded or blasted and painted black or silver and would look great :eek:k3: :beer:

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Nice pics and congrats on the ride!

Please be conscience of where you post. :wink:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:clap: :clap: :clap: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: PICHERS!!!!!

It should really clean up nice, with little TLC and Elbow Grease! The wheels could be sanded or blasted and painted black or silver and would look great :eek:k3: :beer:

The tires are actually just a couple months old and balanced. I have been thinking paint stripper, I really don't want to remove the tires to blast the wheels. Then I will probably dip them black to see if I like them black before I use paint.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Dip is where its at man, my wheels are already black and I'm gonna dip them soon :giggle:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I been thinking about a whole car dip but I'm stuck between colors. I love the blue, but Idk if it'd look good on my car.

Attachments

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
^

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Do you think that blue with EVERYTHING ELSE blacked out would look good? I know its removable, but I don't wanna waste the $400...

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was scrubbing quite a bit today. I have been eyeballing your car for a while now, been meaning to ask where you got or what you did to the grill?
It's the LSX style grille. Bought it from 3800Performance.com

There are cheaper versions on ebay, but I wanted the genuine product. They bought the old stock from SLP Performance a while back. I see the price has gone up, likely because when they're gone, they're gone :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
THats a bit expensive but not horrible, it's going to stay on my wish list with tail light bezels while I take care of some other items.
Understood. I know the versions on ebay appear to look the same and are around $50-60. Keep an eye out and setup a saved search for Impala LSX grille or something to that affect. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good! I wish mine had the body colored impact strip...

Did your dad live near the Gulf? I agree with you, that could be a major reason why the rims are corroded. That salty air is bad...
Luckily not as bad as the salted winter roads up north, but it wreaks havoc on buildings.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You seem to be missing the brace that goes on the passenger side. For the abs/trac problem, you probably just need to replace the front sensor harnesses, pretty typical issue.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts