Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here are some pics of some of the mods. no performance mods yet...
What I want to do soon, is to have some courtesy lights under the doors so they light up the ground like I had on my old 01' impala. Then I also want to hook up some very bright lights under the car to flash when my horn is honked. so when I lock and unlock the car they flash when the horn confirms unlock/lock, maybe one hidden in the car to light up the inside. just something different ive never seen. or have a some white leds to glow when the reverse lights are on because they will stay lit when its dark and the car is unlocked with the remote. I need to replace a tube on my current lights so I want to do something else while im under the car. For the lights that just flash I was looking into the strobe lights for your head lights and tail lights but idk if they will run off a straight 12v source and not the control box. I was looking at those because they are seemingly pretty dang bright compared to a small led strip

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the 7 color interior/exterior kit from LedGlow. I got a blue multi mode bar in the trunk. red led's in the a/c vents. hardwired radar detector. got my subs and all that stuff.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Awesome car man :eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Looks good man and red lights look best on your IMO.

Any plans for future mods yet?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good man and red lights look best on your IMO.

Any plans for future mods yet?
just what I have in my first post. As far as performance i still want a low tone muffler and i definitely want the overkill tune. once im out of college for the summer im gonna be able to go full time and save up them. oh and dipping my rims

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I just hooked up the red leds I had shining on my amp that's in the pic. hooked them up to the horn to see what it would look like with those. and the horns get hit quick and the lights almost just flicker cause its so fast. the leds are cheap but it doesn't look like itll work. ill try hooking them up to the reverse lights. but I have peel and seal on the inside of my trunk so ill have to find another place to tap into them.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good! How do you like the 3 10's?
love them! of course I want more power and they could definitely take more cause there about at rms, they are under some. but I listen to a lot of metal music so I wanted the quick response. they are in the minimum sized box for sealed according to the kicker specs. despite that they are awesome with rap and dub songs. they will vibrate your hair and tickle your ears.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to add to this I hard wired my radar detector and built a "wall" in the very rear of the trunk behind the carpet to try to reflect as much bass as possible, picture of that floatin around some where. next will be some led's to light up the ground at night when the car is unlocked. just gotta pick some out that will work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts