Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 thereabouts my dad was ill and unable to drive any longer. Mom 'gave' me my dad's car, a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency Brougham '98. I drove it for over 13-14 years. Got married while having it, went to Florida, many fond memories. About a month before my mom past last year, it began to overheat. I had had been suffering during the last 5-6 summers as the AC had gone away. My brother found the car I am driving now and the weekend before our mom past (she became ill and at the beginning of March was in the hospital) he called me over to his house that he had found me possibly a newer car for me to use. He had found a few cars over the years, and I passed on them but when I saw the 2007 Chevrolet Impala I knew instantly it was for me.

We spent hours cleaning it up as it was previously own by a family with kids. After I left my brother took out the seats and pressure washed the carpet (after removing it of course from the car). Monday my brother picked me up and I noticed the carpet from the Impala in the bed of his truck. We went to the hospital as we were expecting our mom to pass on after having a medical procedure done. Well, she did not ‘go’ and was hanging on. We left and, on our way, he stopped where he works as a mechanic and dropped the carpet off at the detailing part of his workspace where I learned the carpet would be steam cleaned.

2007Impala.jpg
Tuesday morning got a call to inform that there would be a Hospice meeting at 4pm at the hospital. 3:30 I left to go but as I turned the corner the Olds ‘turned off’ and I could tell by the way it did it was ‘all she wrote’. Called my brother to inform him and later he came by, towed the Olds back to my place, I jumped in his truck, and we went to his place where we put back together the 2007 Impala that I have now. After putting the Impala back together, my brother handed me the keys along with a key fob. Yes! The Impala has a remote start.

And I have been driving it ever since. Simply love driving it. Yes, it has had its little things such as the heating and air conditioning temperature valve actuators that had to be replaced. The clicking noise for months about drove me insane. For the parts I only ordered ACDelco parts. The left-side and right-side front door speakers were not working and at first put in cheap speakers but was not happy and thus ordered once again GM original equipment by ordering and getting ACDelco radio speakers.

Had to replace all 4 tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) and just recently replaced both headlight assemblies (I have LED lightbulbs ordered and in route). The new headlight assemblies look awesome as well make the Impala look newer.

Next project. Upgrade the factory radio to a touch screen with CarPlay. Any recommendations are welcomed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to hear about your parents. Hope all turns out as best as it can.

My recommendation, simple though it may be, is to stick with halogen headlights, maybe Sylvania Xtravision. I'm a long-haul trucker and have always been bothered by the light coming from LED headlights, even in factory projector settings. I also recommend against touchscreen setups, as it takes something away from the drive, and we're supposed to not be distracted by screens while driving. Makes it all the more puzzling why they're currently mandated on brand new cars, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts