Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weird!
Had the '08 LTZ in garage after dusting it, & Detail-spray wipedown. Took some pics of hood for the hell-of-it.
These pics on my new Droid Turbo II (Father's-Day gift!) make it look better than it really seems?!??!?!?;)
* I DON'T have a ROM Polisher yet.
* The only polishing I've done has been elbow-grease! AFTER Clay-barring of course!
* I dust the damn thing 3x day I think....
* The many little touchup spots don't show up here?
* Oh well....she looks good for 8 years old I think!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I originally wanted a SS but bought a LT. Well a few weeks ago it was totaled so I figured I'd do it right this time. By body moldings do you mean side skirts? From what I've heard in 09 they were changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totaled...Yikes!!!

Yep, I mean the moldings at bottom of the doors. My '08 doesn't have them. I THINK they started in '09???
My car on Father's-Day....notice drivers window! ;)
You can barely see the spoiler in 2nd pic, but it's not the "winglet" type. It curves down at the ends. I like it a lot better than the newer ones. Or...did these 2 spoilers overlap years???
67,000 miles on here now....UFFDA!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like it, nice and clean

I'm not sure about the year they started, I actually wondered that myself. I just know someone said in 09 they changed them to a new style

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
09 was the year.....same year they went from gloss black pillars to the textured pillars.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh cool thanks for the info. I'm not to sure how I feel about the textured flat black pillars

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, I definitely like the gloss black pillars/mirrors better. Would look so much better than the textured versions with tinted windows (my 2012 has the textured versions). However, the textured versions do have some benefits as well (won't "peel" and don't show fingerprints as much!). I'd still prefer the glossy versions though!

I'm assuming that I could buy the 2009 or earlier versions and use them on my 2012 if I really wanted to? I'm sure it would be expensive though. They used to sell flexible, glossy pillar covers, but I can't even find them anymore - just the non-flexible versions that don't cover the entire rear pillar (since it's curved at the end).

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gadz!
Mirror pillars....that reminds me! I've seriously got one of each!
My drivers side is glossy, & the pass-side is the textured!!! Maybe the reverse of that....lol!
I'll get a pic here tomorrow to prove it!
I didn't change anything. Been there since I got the car.

Faron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts