Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Bill and I'm from Missouri and this is my first Impala. I have always been a Chevrolet fan. I went from an old, tired beat up 1984 Chevy pickup to this Impala.

It's a 2005 and has bucket seats and all leather and the 3.8L engine. It only has 118,000 mile on it and I'm the third owner. It is a very comfortable driver.

The first thing I'm goin to do to it is tint the windows and then I was thinking of some upgrades...CAI, cat-back system. Not sure what else to do to it??

Not sure about wheels, the stock one's on it look pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome, I like 7th generation Impalas better than 8th, even though I had an 8th generation 09 SS....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Lol at the rims on that truck. Not sure the rims on that impala are stock, not like any I have seen at least, but they look good. There are more mods than you could dream of for these cars, especially with the 3800 engine, let us know what your goals are, and we can help you achieve them. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Yeah, not diggin the rims on the truck - the rims on your Impala look like some Monte Carlo rims I almost bought. Maybe they were offered on the Impala too?

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome Billy!! :beer: LOVE the color! AND the RIMS Leave them! LEAVE THEM!!!:eek:k3::wink::yahoo:

·
Registered
117 Posts
you could get those rims on the impala. tons of them here have them. ;)
Love the impala. I almost bought the same color for my son before we found his 8th gen. Yes the wheels are stock. The exact same wheels were on the LS that we were looking at plus I've seen the often. They came on the 05 LS models. Maybe a year earlier as well.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Welcome! And yeah those are the wheels on tons of LS models, that's what mine are.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yes the impala wheels are stock and look good for the age. I personally would paint or plasti them to offer protection. That 05 is in pretty good shape and really clean under the hood. The front strut mounts look a little rusty like most out there. I would take a wire brush and paint them to help prevent further rusting. These mounts are a common part to rust out and eventually will fail or atleast flex and cause a rough ride. Throw some quality brake rotors and lifetime pads on and you will be much happier. It's hard to tell but, it looks like the passenger engine mount has been replaced recently. Foglights also look like they have moisture in them (common) and is a cheap fix. Is the plastic exterior trim color matched to the car or just grey? I didn't know gm offered color matched trim in the later years.

Do yourself a favor and place some dielectric grease on the coil pack studs, abs harness connectors, and any underhood electrical connectors. This will help keep out moisture and reduce headache's later down the road.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Not sure the rims on that impala are stock, not like any I have seen at least, but they look good. There are more mods than you could dream of for these cars, especially with the 3800 engine, let us know what your goals are, and we can help you achieve them. Welcome!

Yes they are stock rims LS sports package or Impala LS Sport Appearance Package (Body color tail lights and name tags)
LS sports package is indicated by the head rest on the driver and passenger seat.

He should check the coolant looks a little low or might have water in it..

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ How can you tell? Do you have x-ray vision on the overflow tank?

Anywho forgot to mention. Ditch the dexcool and go for prestone

Things I would do

1. Flush coolant system (quick lube place)
2. Replace coolant with prestone
3. Fix front strut mounts as I stated
4. Replace trans axle fluid
5. Dielectric grease on connections as I stated
6. Replace or inspect fuel filter, plugs, wires
7. Get a scan by AA with an obd 2 scanner
8. Keep your fuel tank above 1/4 at all times (fuel pump is liquid cooled and low level can burn up pump)
9. Keep an eye on your fuel level gauge and coolant temps (engine). If your fuel level gauge starts jumping around when you have a full tank the fuel level sensor needs to be replaced (less than $30). If your temp gauge stops moving and rad fans start up when engine starts your coolant temp sensor needs to be replaced (due to dexcool).

All of the above will save headaches in the future :eek:k3:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what about these rotors: from amazon=Power Stop AR8255XL, cross drilled and slotted Performance Brake rotor. What kinda pads?? The one's from Oriely's or Napa??

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I have heard good reviews with the powerstop rotors, but I would avoid the cross-drilled, the holes tend to crack, and only serve the purpose of making the surface area of the rotor smaller. Dimpled is fine. Ceramic pads, never encountered a bad one myself, I have used powerstop pads quite a bit on the 7th gens and have no trouble with them.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Lol at the rims on that truck. Not sure the rims on that impala are stock, not like any I have seen at least, but they look good. There are more mods than you could dream of for these cars, especially with the 3800 engine, let us know what your goals are, and we can help you achieve them. Welcome!
they are stock, i see them around here on several impala's. they are on mine as well

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I would stay away from drilled rotors. The hole's just create more opportunity for wear and tear. Buy some quality rotors and lifetime pads (ebc, Wagner, powerstop, carquest)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts