Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the group - greets to all. Bought my first Impala today..'08 SS. Not as classy as one of the oldies but I kinda like the thing. Goes pretty fast. Anyhow, will post pictures one of these days.

PAX - Brian

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the V8 club from MinneSSota.
Put your foot to the floor and watch the gas guage go down FTW!!
Just kidding is this your first 8 cyclinder?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not my first V8 by far. My brothers and I tinkered with cars when we were growing up in Ohio. My first 8-cyl was a Pontiac Firebird with a transplanted 455 from an old herse. Talk about a walker! Loved that ride. True addiction to gas that car had!

Next I fell in love with a '70 Pontiac Catalina with a 400 in it. Twas a beauty with wheel skirts and all. Picked up a Ford F150 with the 4.6 V8 but traded it for the Impala. Convinced the wife that I would save $$ in gas over the truck and so far so good. Getting about 18 to 19 out of it so far.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Denison Texas. I was born in Fayetteville NC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's official. My Impala surpased my '06 F-150's mileage by a full seven mpg. This past week I logged 18.9 mpg, which makes me pretty darned happy. Especially coming from a 5.4L V8!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts