Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 impala LT 73000 miles ,i have a nosie in the rear of my car going down a dirt road or over bumps ,that sounds like and old pick up truck going down a dirt road. So i checked to make sure the spare and jack are tight in the trunk. For a while it was very faint , but after i had my rear brakes replaced and rotors surfaced it became louder. So i went back to the shop to see if they had left a nut loose or something. They said every thing was good and i should think about new strutts.So I had all 4 strutts and plates replaced. Noise still there so i went to a muffler shop to see if it was the exhaust , no thats good they said need new Sawbar bushings.So i did that. So now im thinking i need to go to a body shop.This is driving me crazy. Thank you unhappyimpala

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations, unhappyimpala! If you decide to involve a dealership at any point, please let me know. I can schedule an appointment for you or call your dealer anytime to follow up on your Impala's status in their shop. Please send me a private message anytime if you would like me to investigate for you!

I realize, though, that you're likely seeking DIY input from other owners; if so, then I hope they reply shortly with their usual helpful feedback!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. A few years back my wife bought a used Toyota Camry with like 125K on it. Bought it from a small used car dealer. The first time I rode in it (reluctantly) I noticed an unusual sound in the rear. We brought it back to the dealer and had the mechanic check it out. After he test drove it and still could not figure it out he suggested that he ride in the truck of the car on the nearby highway because he wanted to pinpoint the problem. After all was said and done we never did figure it out. :dunno: We just blamed it to bad shocks/struts. Didn't have the $$ to replace them at the time so she just put up with it. :icon_sad:
A year later she needed new tires so we replaced them and low and behold the noise went away. Check your tires closely it may be something that simple. Good luck.

Let us know when you figure it out.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Check to make sure your parking brake cables and assemblies are all tight, and check the rear hubs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts