Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to make my own specific build thread instead of making new threads every time I get off my lazy A$$ and do something, or have the extra cash :giggle:

I'll start with my new (used) (soon to be installed) driving/fog lights :eek:k3:

TYRI 1010-16i

These are oing behind my SS grill. Will be running them off of a continuous duty starter solenoid. The first 2 pics are them on my friends 12 sierra.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now on to my weekend work with my dad

I have a failed multifunction switch, and don't have the money for it at the moment. I am going to fix it soon though. We did however get my lights back working and installed WAGNER 9005 high beam lights :yahoo: They are 10000x brighter than the Sylvanias I had in before!

We ended up running the positive wires on the drivers side to the battery and they now work with the switch. I do still however get the service vehicle soon message, same as I did when the headlights weren't functioning at all.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next we move on to changing the oil

A case of 5w30 and WIX filter :yahoo: :clap:
I didn't save the pic of me covered from wrist to armpit in used operating temp oil. I forgot it still had oil in it although the remaining had already been drained... :giggle:

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now on to the tires :)

I'm so glad to have them damn studded snow tires off of her! They were awesome in the snow but suck for the other 75% of the time I had them on...

I'm now rolling on 2 KUHMO kh20 SOLUS EXPERT on the front, 1 GOODYEAR INTEGRITY on the drivers side rear and 1 UNIROYAL LONG TOURING on the passenger side rear. The rear tires are 3/4 way toast! I am saving for a new set of 4 in the near future. It now handles like a dream compared to the studded though and that annoying stud roar is gone :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap:

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON NEW TIRES!
The KUHMOS were great, but wore quickly, evenly but quickly.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A huge jack LOL

the other "small" jack is a full size 4 ton jack... The other 2 are for cranes :yikes:

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New hat and sunglasses :p

Scored a free hat from JPtech one of the vendors at work. I like it :eek:k3:

Bought some new sunglasses/driving glasses they work great on the early morning drive home from work :beer:

Spiderwire Sunglasses, SWF-600870BK - Walmart.com

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GOOFBALL lol

And I have to think my dad for the access to his shop with the lift, tools, tire machine and balancing machine. I had a great time catching up! This was more of a gain that the work accomplished! :beer: :eek:k3:

#funnypic :giggle:

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CURRENT MODS:
REMOVED PIN STRIPE AND DEALER BADGES
CUSTOM MAGNAFLOW CATBACK W/4in TIPS & HIGH FLOW CAT
AUTOTEK ATX1000 AMP/DUAL 10IN BANDPASS
15% TINT -FRONT DOORS
PLASTI DIPPED TRIM
VISION AUTOBAHN 168 FWD 16in WHEELS
OEM INDY SS GRILL
OVERKILL PCM TUNE
KYB SR4002 FRONT STRUT ASSEMBLIES
ACDELCO IRRIDUM PLUGS
K&N DROP IN FILTER
SMOKED TAIL LIGHTS
DUAL HEADUNIT
DUAL DOOR SPEAKERS
INFINITY DECK SPEAKERS
COBRA 29 SOUNDTRACKER CB RADIO, TRUNK MOUNT 3ft FIBERGLASS FIRESTIK ANTENNA

Coming in the next month or so, hopefully:
COMPLETE DEBADGE, except INDY SS GRIL
REAR BRAKES
COLOR MATCHED TRIM AND CENTER TRUNK PANEL
RED CALIPER PAINT WITH SILVER HUBS
GLOSS BLACK OR WHITE PAINTED WHEELS
ZZP SHORTENED DOGBONES
FWI
UBEND DELETE
MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH

IN THE DISTANT FUTURE
18in 5 SPOKE WHEELS
8th GEN OR FBODY BRAKE UPGRADE
STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES
CUSTOM RAM AIR INTAKE
REAR STB
REAR STRUTS
FRONT 35% TINT
4 CHANNEL AMP W/ TOUCH SCREEN DOUBLE DIN AND FRONT/REAR ROCKFORD FOSGATE COMPONENTS

PIPE DREAMS MODS:
L67 SWAP W/PULLEY DROP AND SUPPORTING MODS
4T65HD TEP TRANSMISSION

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Sweet man! Glad to see you got some new pics up. Holy sh those floor jacks are huge and must be pnemautic, huh? Sweet hat and glasses. Also love the driving light idea.

Nice workaround for the headlights. Hey it works for the time being. I know the feeling of not being able to afford something you need.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The driving lights are Fking ridiculous, I'll have to get a pic of them in action.
Them jacks are crazy, I wanted to jack up the ol impy with em :giggle: yes pneumatic
loving the hat. JPtech always has nice hats, my last from them was lost at a motel, along with my undies and 1 sock :giggle:

Hopefully with the fiance working I can get the headlights, among other things worked out soon :hope:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot to add, new anco wiper blades.

FYI the Bosch wiper blade, the conforming kind are F%&KING great! I had a set for almost a year, could have lasted longer if I wanted to treat them with rainx or something. I cleaned them 2-3 times a week with rubbing alcohol and they hadn't started to crack yet. Minimal streaking towards the end of their life. Keep in mind I work on a strip mine where it is very dusty and muddy... Normal use would probably net you 2+ years. YES, they are pricey, but I caught them on sale at advanced. If you go through a set every other month like me I highly recommend them :eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man! The build continues when I the money comes in :lol:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
FYI the Bosch wiper blade, the conforming kind are F%&KING great! I had a set for almost a year, could have lasted longer if I wanted to treat them with rainx or something. I cleaned them 2-3 times a week with rubbing alcohol and they hadn't started to crack yet. Minimal streaking towards the end of their life. Keep in mind I work on a strip mine where it is very dusty and muddy... Normal use would probably net you 2+ years. YES, they are pricey, but I caught them on sale at advanced. If you go through a set every other month like me I highly recommend them :eek:k3:
I also like my bosch wipers. I believe I have the Icon's. But, I think I would still prefer the rain-x latitude. I had them on my last car and loved them to death.

Thanks man! The build continues when I the money comes in :lol:
I hear ya there man. Piece by piece

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe tires will have to come next...

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Mine will be: PS pump, Hubs, Rr abs harness, Rr tires, then my top end.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That top end rebuild sounds like fun man :beer: I'm gonna have to find something to tinker around on while the cash flow is low. I can't afford for the ol Impy to be down for any work like that

1 - 20 of 85 Posts