Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 96 Impala SS 5.7 LT-1 motor. over the weekend I've replaced the Plugs, wires, dist cap and Rotor botton, ing coil, and also the coil module.
I have spark, and fuel but this car will not start for me. I've also replace the crank sensor I don't know what else to do I've even got a new PCM still nothing so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hello, I have a 96 Impala SS 5.7 LT-1 motor. over the weekend I've replaced the Plugs, wires, dist cap and Rotor botton, ing coil, and also the coil module.
I have spark, and fuel but this car will not start for me. I've also replace the crank sensor I don't know what else to do I've even got a new PCM still nothing so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
ARE U SURE U HAVE FUEL FUEL PUMP is all i could think of maybe a pcv valve there 4 dollars at auto zone part number 12572717

·
Registered
371 Posts
What -does- it do? Does it crank over? Does it try to start yet puke out?

be a little more descriptive!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to say I also tryed to spray starter fluid down the intake it acted like it wanted to start but it didn't. it cranks but will not start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I didn't change the PCV. yet... it cranks but just will not start.... Just have a question, just because fuel comes out of the rail does that mean my fuel pump is good? I don't think so but who I'm I?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well I didn't change the PCV. yet... it cranks but just will not start.... Just have a question, just because fuel comes out of the rail does that mean my fuel pump is good? I don't think so but who I'm I?
Not necessarily. If there isn't enough fuel it won't start. If starting fluid almost did it I would almost bet there isn't enough fuel.

Though I'd start with a fuel filter. It's a lot cheaper than a pump!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 96 Impala will not start Help please....

Hello Forum, I have a 96 Impala SS 5.7 LT-1. I took the car to the shop and had a oil pump replaced. pick the car up last tuesday started and drove well. now on wedsday drove the car all day, pick the kids up from daycare and went to the park.. Stayed for about 2 hours.. got back in the car and nothing..( the car would not start.. crank over but not start)... Over the weekend I replace plugs, wires, ing coil, crank sensor, ing module.. Still no Start.. checked for fuel pressure, and spark still nothing, and also replaced the battery.. still nothing... Don't know where else to turn, the Repair book you can get at your local parts stores just have me spending some money I realy don't have..I hooked the OBD 2 no codes... I'm about to give up on it, but I don't want to loose the car its been good to me.... So If anyone could help me Please Do....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks. I've also just replace my oil pump but did not change the oil pressure switch,,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well You Have To Make Sure That Everything Is Hooked Up Or Sometimes It Wont Start.... The Ign Coil Plug, Pluged In??? Mass Air Flow Censor Pluged In??

Also Make Sure That Everything Is Tight, Real Tight, From The Mass Air Flow Sensor Back To The Throttle Body...

Also Check The Fuel Filter, And The Fuel Pump... It's Possible You Are Not Getting Any Fuel To The Motor To Start It...

And Also To Notorious Opti-spark... Check That.... Its Possible... But U Dont Want That To Be Bad.... Thats A $350 Part And A Bitch To Install

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Bad fuel pump will not set a code, just did mine. get a fuel pressure test gauge and see what you got for pressure.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Does it turn over nice and steady? or does it sound like it's slow then fast? You could have swapped a couple of plug wires around. Just because you have fuel at the rail does not mean you have enough pressure to push through the injectors. Check and re-check all your connections to every thing, plug wires have a very noticable 'click' when they are in place. Check your ground wire's on the stud by the coil, make sure they are in good shape and the nut is tight, these are very important ground's and they car will not run if they are broken or loose.

The PCV valve has NOTHING to do with a car starting, I see you hand out some pretty crappy advice at times...POPIMPIN CUSTOMS I.N.C., I hope you don't really work on cars for a living.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you also might want to check the fuel pressure regulator!! i had a fuel pump take a dump on me and i had to rebuild that a week later. also you might want to go back to the shop that you had do the work and ask them why is my car doing this so soon after you worked on it because some shops have been known to sabotage some parts of the car for their own job security. and that is why i do all the work my self.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts