Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Got it all waxed and cleaned today and snapped some pics!

heres one I took at night

On a side note I forget that I had added these exhaust tips a while ago!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
No problems at all. Light output is better than stock in my opinion and no issues with condensation and it has rained and I have power washed them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Decided to try something new that I have not seen on here or on any other impala, will post pictures tommorow and IMO it looks pretty good! Ill post it and you guys will have to tell me what you think! It was an easy project that can be done for under $10 so it is worth it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here are the pics! they are not the best but all it has been doing for the past 3 weeks is raining so it is as good as it will get for now! tell me what you think!

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Honest opinion - I'm not a fan... Just doesn't look right to me.

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm not one of those people that give an "A" for effort! :) I do appreciate that you are trying new things though!

It's just my opinion though. Curious to see what others think.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
I'm not really a fan either. I think it artificially raises the front of the car. I do like what sheets90g60 did to his rear bumper though

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey, thanks guys! I was actually considering removing it, but, I think I'll leave it.

Have to agree with jt and ryd, though. Not really my cup of tea. Credit for originality, though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks. I used Krylon vinyl and upholstery spray paint. It looked good, originally. However, after a couple of months, it started to crack, in some in the more used areas (Center console cover, arm rests in the door panels).

I've actually redone the door panels (haven't done the dash yet, due to weather, and time) using a different paint. Even switched up the color, to an off white. This time a used a Rustoleum enamel paint, and it's held up extremely well, for a few months now.

I probably should update my garage, now that I think about it lol.

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
SEM is by far the best stuff to use for interior color changing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
That looks a hell of a lot better than the black wall that is the interior of these cars! they just need some contrast to make them look really good!

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's what I thought. I liked the all black interior, when I bought the car (3 kids). But, it kinda wore off pretty quickly lol. The tan was nice, for awhile, until the sun hit it one day, and it looked mustard yellow. Had to change it then lol. So far, I'm loving the white. If I end up having to redo it, may look into the SEM products.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
the plasti dip is from home depot and the exhaust tips are from walmart and everything else i got from ebay. feel free to ask any questions and welcom to the forum!

41 - 60 of 84 Posts