Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I feel like my impala was the first 1 off the production line only because I see 'January 2014' on my inner door panel. I bought the car on Halloween of 2015 with 28k miles on it and it currently has 110k. I spent a good $6k+ on the car over the years on maintenance, repairs and minor Modifications.

I love this car from the second it came out and I still do. If I'm not mistaking I've replaced everything except the Alternator, the starter & the compressor. Being mechanically inclined and OCD, the check engine light has never been on for more than 5 days. And the last time it was on was like 2 years ago.

I just recently replaced my original PCV valves and the MAP sensor and I'm very happy overall with how the car is after all these years. The only thing still picking at my OCD is the fact that at random times when I come to a sudden stop the Rpm's drop to about 500rpm and the car feels like it's about to stall. It just sits at a redlight from time to time fluctuating from 500-400rmps I also noticed that it barely happens if I keep the AC on.

I've also kept the Lane departure warning turned on since day 1 and a couple weeks ago I noticed it was turned off and when I press the button it says 'front camera blocked clean windshield" but I cleaned it very well but it still seems to turn on and turn off on its own.

Lately I've been thinking of switching out all my fuses for the 'easy i.d' fuses that light up when they are blown like that it's easy to spot a blown fuse. I wonder if anyone has done this before?

A few other things I'd like to touch on to see if anyone else has experienced this is while making a turn, if I'm mid way through the turn and I decide to punch it, it doesn't have any reaction until the turn is done. It's like the accelerator doesn't work mid turn. Sorry for my essay 馃槄

Registered
That last thing you mentioned sounds really weird. I don't know what that might be. The build date of 01/14 was quite a ways into the 2014 model. They started building '14 models in the spring of 2013. They started building 2015's in July of 2014. I had one of those. The camera blocked message could be the camera lens itself may need cleaning, which would mean removing the camera from the windshield to get at it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for you reply! I guess I'll have to see how that camera comes out. There were some videos claiming that theses cars intake manifold bolts come loose over time, but I don't even want to think about that or if it true

Registered
Not to say this is your problem, but the camera issue might be lots of small hairline scratches on it in front of the camera from normal wear and tear. It may need a new windshield.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to say this is your problem, but the camera issue might be lots of small hairline scratches on it in front of the camera from normal wear and tear. It may need a new windshield.
My windshield does have a small crack in it on the driver side, I figured since it was not near the camera that it wouldn't affect it. But I guess that it can affect it some way.

Registered
If cleaning the lens of your actual camera doesn't work it's either the windshield scratches or maybe the camera has gone bad. Either way, I don't it's a huge issue but may not be cheap to fix.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally took the time today to unmount the camera module and boy was that lens covered in dust. You don't even need any tools to remove it. It's all held together with clips and pressure. I used a damp Qtip and cleaned it and also the portion of windshield that's infront of the lens and left it disconnected for a good 2 min then put it all back together and lane departure and forward collision warning beep and red visual ques are finally in working order being activated after 35mph, Very happy that it was only a good cleaning that it needed. 馃槉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts