Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some bags of mulch in the trunk and now when I get home, the automatic latch just clicks but won't open. What do I do short of taking it to the dealer? Is there a manual latch release?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
push trunk lid down then click remote/automatic latch...have something handy [plastic hook,spatula] ready to stick in gap to lift it..

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Who came up with the idea of deleting the manual trunk release? Some one should have stopped them from doing that. For it was not a bright idea.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
It appears not for this same type of question has been on Yahoo Answers and no one there seemed to have a different suggestion on how to open these newer trunks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put some bags of mulch in the trunk and now when I get home, the automatic latch just clicks but won't open. What do I do short of taking it to the dealer? Is there a manual latch release?
look at the bright side...at least it's not manure in there....

·
Registered
52 Posts
My friend has an 07 and was having trouble with the trunk and the remote start, he took it to the dealer and they put in a whole new remote module and gave him a few remote, it was a warranty thing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could drop the seat back and remove the mulch through the back door. It should take the pressure off the trunk lid.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Can you get into the trunk through the back seat? On my 77 Impala I can not, well at least nothing bigger then the size of a grapefruit anyway. That area was reinforced by the factory when it was built.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe there should be a glow-in-the-dark emergency release handle inside the trunk that you can get to through the back seat at least to get your stuff out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You could drop the seat back and remove the mulch through the back door. It should take the pressure off the trunk lid.
[In the best Butt-head voice] He said pressure through the back door......Yeah.Yeah. Backdoor!!

:icon_super::icon_super::icon_super::icon_super:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts