Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
How did you get the XM ID to activate it? Did it show on the radio display (it should have). If the radio display showed the XM ID, then the radio is definitely XM-compatible. If you had to read the XM ID off of the XM tuner in the trunk, then you probably don't have the correct radio installed (for whatever reason).

Sent from my A1160 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
So you can't get the XM radio ID to show on the radio display? You should be able to. If you can't even see Radio ID on the radio screen then it sounds like there might be something wrong with the radio - or the radio isn't communicating with the XM radio in the trunk for some reason... It sounds like you have the correct radio though. Strange.

Pressing the Band button should definitely take you to the XM tuner - even if not activated (that's how you get your XM radio ID - by switching to the XM band before activated).

Sent from my A1160 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Just remember that if you get someone elses stock radio, you're going to have to pay a GM dealership to reprogram it for your vehicle. Personally, I would just put that money towards a Rosen instead - you'll be MUCH happier with the Rosen anyway (in every aspect)!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Now here is the biggest dilemma-Say it is the XM receiver in the trunk that is bad instead...and the radio is actually 100% fine?
That's true - it's definitely a possibility... Could be an issue with the XM receiver or even the wiring. We really don't know at this point. So really, without further troubleshooting, the Rosen or another radio may not fix the problem.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts