Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my SS new and only have used Mobil 1.

All services performed on time. Replaced tires once, brakes once, and new SS exhaust system.

On board computer never reset and has recorded for entire life 21.5 MPG and 47 MPH.

Had a hesitation on acceleration and thought it might be plugs or coils. Took it intro a Chevrolet Dealer near my new home in Louisville metro.

Analysis came back with estimated $9K in repairs including Transmission, multiple suspension / links, engine mounts, etc. etc.

We want to consider selling the car to a local mechanic who wishes to invest time and effort in this really beautiful car which has not had one stitch of problems for its entire life.

Questions for the Forum:

1. $9,000 in repairs with only 105, 000 mi. on the clock? Is that normal?

2. Anyone have an interest in buying her locally here in the Louisville area?

3. I wanted to find a 2017 SS but no such luck. Are they better in regard to life expectancy than my 2007?

Thanks -

woodwardguy :eek:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Questions for the Forum:

"My 6 year constantly asks why. What adults can learn from 5 and 6 year olds, to listen with your ears and mind open. Hard to learn when you don't listen ......"

That is SOOO true!

1. $9,000 in repairs with only 105, 000 mi. on the clock? Is that normal?

2. Anyone have an interest in buying her locally here in the Louisville area?

3. I wanted to find a 2017 SS but no such luck. Are they better in regard to life expectancy than my 2007?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts