Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just lurking around and wanted to see what WHP and WTQ you guys are seeing on your boosted 06 Impala's? Mine is a SS and is putting down some pretty good numbers on only 5psi :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
honestly I think you' rethe only one on here.
There's a GP in toronto that recently changed hands that was putting 500+whp (cant remember the Tq) that cartuning built...
only dyno run i could find on it was 465/465 though

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly I think you' rethe only one on here.
There's a GP in toronto that recently changed hands that was putting 500+whp (cant remember the Tq) that cartuning built...
only dyno run i could find on it was 465/465 though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVaxIk1ET7o
That cant be right? i am the only boosted 2006+ SS to be Turbo'd??? But checking out video now :)

i am scanning my dyno sheets now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know of about 1/2dzn others, but afaik your the only 8th gen boosted on HERE ;)
oh snap! let me get some pics and dyno charts up...all the credit goes to Speed Mafia Performance out of Colorado :) i wanted some pep to my SS and they turned it around really fast.

They sent me links to my car :)

Here some pix of the install

Dyno Pix

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ACK!!! They dyno'ed you in OD :p ouch

anyway NICE setup, especially for a STS/rear mount kit. Not bad numbers either!
Now, grab some hoosier QTPs, a set of pregen (pre97) GTP 16x8 rims, and get some timeslips ;)

any specs on the turbo? they upgrade the injectors for you too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ACK!!! They dyno'ed you in OD :p ouch

anyway NICE setup, especially for a STS/rear mount kit. Not bad numbers either!
Now, grab some hoosier QTPs, a set of pregen (pre97) GTP 16x8 rims, and get some timeslips ;)

any specs on the turbo? they upgrade the injectors for you too?
Yeah thats what Speed Mafia was saying with 415tq tires will be need to be added.

Turbo Specs i am not sure i know they have the info on size of the turbo and such? Injectors are stock they said at 5psi the injector % was with in spec but anything more 44# will be needed? Not sure what that means but he said 5psi is max for now? I am taking it back to get different spark plugs i guess NGK TR6 somethings? Should be fun when the roads dry out up here.

Thanks for the props yeah i was very nervous and they have a video of it they are going to post the link and send it to me :)

i will share it :) I missed the dyno session so i wanted evidence they tuned my SS :) Not that i dont believe then but good for my records you know.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Very nice! I'm surprised they dyno'd you in OD as well. But impressive numbers indeed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! I'm surprised they dyno'd you in OD as well. But impressive numbers indeed.
I just got off they phone with them they didnt have Over Drive on when it was tuning but they wanted to make sure on the last run it could handle a top end run but it was on the dyno for sometime :)

Also they had to turn off the traction control as well and said if i want to get on it hard to turn it off as it freaks out?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the Kudos, not sure how the front will drive will like more boost in the future :( but my car has about 50k miles so i think 5psi should be good for now till i turn it up next year to 12psi :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
if you have any extra $ lying around, buy these, get them shippd to whom ever is doing your car, have them install and retune, you'll thank me later

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IR&Product_Code=FIS-600-x&Category_Code=3800_Fuel

Y I know theres only 6 injectors, call intense, Im sure they'll sell you 8, they have better spray patterns than the 42#s, and you wot have to worry about running out of injector anytime soon ;), and they're only $40 more than a set of 42s (based on 6)

You may also want this
http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IR&Product_Code=CAS-HWK-102149&Category_Code=3800_Fuel

GMs are notorious for voltage drop, this hlps with it, not 100% it will work w/ your app, but someone @ intense will be able to tell you...
'

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow that SS is nasty with only 5psi. Nice Ride there bro and I love the way the Turbo sounds spooling up man.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is pretty nice and its cool to be one of the few turbo impalas and those are pretty nice numbers

But i do have couple of questions
- What made you want to go STS instead of a under the hood set up?
- Have you had any issues with the STS scraping? (my Front mount intercooler has hit something and or scrape more then once :oops:)
- What size turbo did you/they use
- Have you invested in a trans rebuild?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No real updates just enjoying the car and weather when ever I can.

As for the kit, I am not sure what sixe the turbo I know STS said it is a T60 and I have not had any issues at all. As for why, I believe it was based on budget to horsepower. The STS is super simple and easy and makes great power the more I beat it up the fast it gets and it being in the back it cools down really nice and I am ready for more racing :)

But I am avery happy and no issues to report. what turbo are yopu running :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts