Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Rocco and I am from Ajax Ontario, Canada. If you're not too sure where that is, its about 35 kilometers north east of Toronto. I purchased my Base 2004 Impala with 67000km on it about 2 years ago! I've always loved the look and comfortable feel of the vehicle and ofcourse the power it has. Although it isn't a Camaro I do love it so. I have done alot of exterior modifications to make it look more sleek and blacked out. I've also added a fully decked out sound system featuring a Pioneer AVH3300BT deck, hertz audio speakers and 2 10" kicker subs. I have added the LS spoiler, front bumper and have wired up fog lights. I have also changed the OEM headlights assemblies to CCFL halo's with a 6000k HID kit. Exhaust has also been changed to a cat back dual exhaust Y setup with dual 2" tips, using GT Speed resonator and mufflers. The last picture does not show the emblems blacked out since it was taken last summer. Let me know what you think! Cheers. :beer:
Here is a link to my garage! http://www.impalaforums.com/garage-3632.html

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome, nice ride

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: She looks good, but we still need more PICS!!! :lol:
You know, inside, outside...alll around...:yahoo:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Looks good, welcome to the forum!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Looks great! Welcome! You don't really have anything left to do now, except an L67 swap.

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
:welcome:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
except an L67 swap.
Don't we all wish?

OP: Looks great! And welcome to the forum! More pics please :wink:

Did you plasti-dip or paint the trim (black)? Are the dual tips a split off or the mufflers have dual exit? If the dual tips are split I personally, would get rid of them. They belong on v8's. Just my opinion. By yourself some nice 3" stainless tips and it would look much better :eek:k3:

Wow going the full extent of wiring up stock fogs too? Props sir :eek:k3:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't we all wish?

OP: Looks great! And welcome to the forum! More pics please :wink:

Did you plasti-dip or paint the trim (black)? Are the dual tips a split off or the mufflers have dual exit? If the dual tips are split I personally, would get rid of them. They belong on v8's. Just my opinion. By yourself some nice 3" stainless tips and it would look much better :eek:k3:

Wow going the full extent of wiring up stock fogs too? Props sir :eek:k3:
Thank you! I will be posting more pictures don't worry. The mufflers are single exit and split tips. Thanks for the advice! I took wiring the fogs up myself correct. Totally stock 2004 Base Impala. I added the spoiler, new front bumper and fogs, and found a nice pair of LS rims and proper Michelin tires for $400. I will keep you guys updated!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I am definitely looking into nice bold 5 spoke 19" or 20" rims don't you worry ;)
Many people on here will recommend smaller wheels. Most would say 18" max. After that you risk even more wear and tear on suspension, brakes, and transmission. These cars have enough trans problems as it is. Adding weight won't help. Just saying :eek:k3:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Many people on here will recommend smaller wheels. Most would say 18" max. After that you risk even more wear and tear on suspension, brakes, and transmission. These cars have enough trans problems as it is. Adding weight won't help. Just saying :eek:k3:
I never took that into consideration. Thanks for the info. I've heard about transmission problems aswell.... I hooked up a T2 from General Motors and I had a basic transmission error so hopefully it doesn't grow into something really bad soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts