Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cadillac was in great running condition until it just stopped. its not a daily driver so i had to remember to at least start it up everyday. well now its completely dead. at first thought it was the battery so bought a new one. that didnt fix the problem. heard it may be the carburetor. when i start the car, it starts up really quick then shuts off again. what do you think the problem is??

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honestly, you should make a point of replacing the fuel filter. Its a simple and inexpensive fix, and a clogged filter would certainly explain your car's symptoms. Enough gas might be making it through to start the car, only to be used up very quickly and thus the car dies right away. There may be some other issue with your fuel system, so don't give up if a new filter doesn't solve it. You say it starts, so it sounds like there is spark and air...the only possible culprit remaining is the fuel system. Hope this helps!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, you should make a point of replacing the fuel filter. Its a simple and inexpensive fix, and a clogged filter would certainly explain your car's symptoms. Enough gas might be making it through to start the car, only to be used up very quickly and thus the car dies right away. There may be some other issue with your fuel system, so don't give up if a new filter doesn't solve it. You say it starts, so it sounds like there is spark and air...the only possible culprit remaining is the fuel system. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts