Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it my shocks or springs? i dont think my springs because people said that if springs go bad the hole front will be down so im guessing its my shocks cause the air in them pumps so im guessin there goin bad thats why its bouncing but also noticed the front of my car is a tiny tiny bit lower then the rear? will getting new shocks also keep the car leveled?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it could be going bad. look push your hood up and down if its bounces thats it if not it goes up with no bounce check the bushings

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all no caprice had front air shocks from the factory. You might have rear air leveling in the back but not the front. Springs are for ride height and have nothing to do with bounce if they are not altered. Shocks control oscillation, the movement up and down (the bounce). If one of your rear air shocks is not working, that will make the car lean. And no, getting new shocks in the front wont keep the car leveled, springs will.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shocks.....for sure........ and no shocks do nothing for ride hight... only the bounce

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Springs hold a car up. Shocks control bounce. You need new shocks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i agree your shocks are bad. so replace those bad boys. also they can lower the car do to the fact they are collapsing. keep in mind it is a little bit. but that is the job of the springs to keep the car off the ground. not the shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts