Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been cruising the forums trying to find a color scheme that was appealing to me. Unfortunately, I haven't found many results, so I decided to photoshop my Impala. Its a rough sketch buts its along the lines of what I was thinking. Lemme know your thoughts, I definitely appreciate the input.

Mods:
Black housed Projector Headlights
Plasti-dipped Rims w/ red vinyl chevy rim caps
Red vinyled SS symbols and Chevy bowties
Tinted Tail lights
and thin Black racing stripes w/ red outline

Current Car (top) The Idea (bottom)

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
GO FOR IT!!!!!! SEX MONEY!!! :beer: also black out the trim around the windows and all the emblems. Maybe even the spoiler...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you don't think I should go with the red accents? Just go all black? If so I am kind of weary about that, murdering out cars is very common. I want this car to make you break your neck while passing by (not literally), but I just want something different yanno? And yea I agree, the window trims need to be re-done. But black out the spoiler as well??

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
So you don't think I should go with the red accents? Just go all black?
oh no I was talking about the Impala emblems that are chrome, black or red will look good. IE: the emblem behind the back doors and on the trunk ya know. don't change anything you have shown so far, just add to it.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I want this car to make you break your neck while passing by (not literally), but I just want something different yanno? And yea I agree, the window trims need to be re-done. But black out the spoiler as well??
I'm no photoshop wiz, I just used paint lol but something like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh okay, and yea I did give the impala logos some thought. I can see your no photoshop wiz lol, but that is definitely a good addition to the idea

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
you are good with Photoshop, I'd say your rendering would look legit. I like the idea tho :eek:k3: All of the mods besides the projectors should come in at less than $100 too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I figured these are some cheap mods that will completely change the appearance of the impala. And thanks, much appreciated, and I will render up a new one with the additions you added and post it up. Oh and also, I am not sure how much the racing stripes will run me, not sure if its possible to DIY them or how much a vinyling shop will run me.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
keep us updated :eek:k3:

paint would be easy to use for the racing stripes but a vinyl shop would probably be best since its removable. I'd say less than $50 installed for the stripes tho

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, finished the render. Included the spoiler, the side impala logos, and made the window pillars a darker black. It definitely is the look I am going for. Do you have any other suggestions? I was thinking maybe some sort of "5.3L Performance" vinyl along the outer left (drivers side) side of the racing stripe. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol I got a little out of hand on this render right here. And I think that if its done right, red won't give off the "ricey" look. I was also thinking of doing a black/white scheme, which would basically be everything thats red but white. I haven't started anything yet. Im just currently brewing up some ideas, so when the time comes I can make moves. If not red or white what would you suggest?

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I think it would look good :eek:k3: I'm out of ideas tho, maybe someone else could chime in tho

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I like this one better, just add the 5.3 performance. I don't think you have hit rice here.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I agree. As I said above, I got a little out of hand on the render. It was too flashy with the gas cap, and extra striping. But I really do like just the stripes on the hood. And the red SS symbol is a bit too bright in that picture but if done right it will be below my standards of "ricey". I am only looking for a tasteful change in appearance, just want my car to be different. I really appreciate all the input as well, if I go through with it I will definitely be posting it up so I can get your reactions.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Just my opinion but I dislike the red impala c pillar emblems. I have a pic on my computer of and impala that is already done EXACTLY how you want yours. Ill post it when i get off work.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I like it except for the hood stripes.. looks a little tacky to me..

everything else is titties

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I have these 3 types available.

Brand new. High Quality Aircraft Aluminum coated in hard anodized color for a long lasting finish.
New 3M double-sided adhesive is applied on the back ready to be installed. Includes two (2) badges.

$25/set shipped. :beer:

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I like the idea, and since you're asking for some suggestions, I'll make some.

For the C pillar "leaping deer" emblem, get some black and some red plasti dip. Make the "deer" part of the emblem red, and the surrounding circle black. It will look really classy and stay with the theme.

The hood stripes can also be done with plasti dip, although the technique for clean line work takes some getting used to (see youtube for instructions)

Don't be weary of "murdering out" your car. Black on silver looks damn good. Here is my 7th gen when I had it fully "blacked out"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts