Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my custom fully loaded 2007 impala LS police package clone
thinking about my plans hhhmm. a fully load custom Police package that's a 3.5 police package clone not a 3.9 real police package.. hell I don't need it I'm not chasing anyone lol so save money on my gas sipper with luxury feel and bad ass look to it.

i couldn't wait to remove the LS emblems

i just got these from ebay fronts heated airbag power seats

leather folding rear seats

i have more work to come stay toon

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
Looks good so far! Curious why you went with the hubcaps over the center cap look.

Also, I'd ditch that pinstripe. Don't think I've seen a 9C1 with a pinstripe before.

More pics when you get the spotlight on :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
The steelies are definitely the best. What do you have on there now?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks you guys means alot on the support. the VA state police has been using the 01-05 impala hub caps on there 06-08, the 09-13 have the 17 inch wheels and these really weird hub caps from the chevy van lol i had the center caps on there but it really stood out alot in Virginia lol the police package hub caps look really good too and i had this va state trooper catch up to me on 395 and nod at me and got off at the next exit i was like oh damn lol i was doing 80 lol yea i really want to remove the pin stripping but it's painted on and i wanted to remove the GM badge on the front finders.. I think when i put my trunk lid on and dual exhaust rear bumper i will just get the whole car painted over. i switch back and forth from hub caps to center caps there the OEM new ones. no dents or scratches lol there so nice i don't want to keep them on there to long lol

here's the new police package look it looks weird lol :WTF:

I like this look better :yahoo:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The steelies are definitely the best. What do you have on there now?
i have the hub caps on now but in October i will switch back to the center caps i guess i have a rear TBS senor light on for the left rear,:beer: but i do agree the police package center caps make it look so bad ass. i will keep you guys up dated on the spotlight install and heated seats and dual climate control add on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh P.S can you guys help me on how to hook up my heated seats with air bags and the steering wheel volume control add on and a/c dual climate control switch is it plug and play? I posted the three help questions with no reply's

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
Are you sure the pinstripes are painted on and not vinyl stripes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea it is i thought it was tape as well, it's starting to fade off slightly on the rear of the car, when i went to L&M auto body here in VA they said for $100 they would repaint it back on, I said to him no thanks i would like to just remove it

·
Go Get It
15,060 Posts
AFAIK, they never were from the factory. Must have been done after purchase, but I can't imagine someone would pay 3x + the price for hand-painted pinstripes over vinyl...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks you guys for the support you guys. Yea I thought it was weird too painted on pinstrip? the dealer said the previous owner payed almost $1,000 for it from the dealership.. it sucks because its fading is some places on the car. I think with the install of the rear bumper and trunk lid I will hold off on Painting it tile next summer I got a price quoted 1,380 to blend the rear half. I love this Color tan metallic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is really weird - didn't realize that pinstripes were ever painted on! Strange....
I remember waaaay back in the day (January 1974 to be exact) going with my dad down to the local dealer to look at his new car. He had ordered it (something nobody does anymore either) and it had just been delivered. They wanted him to look it over before they prepped it and he could pick it up in a day or too. Anyway the salesman said the pinstriper was going to be in the next day, and what color did he want the pinstripes. They had a local guy that would make his way around to all the dealers and paint on the pinstripes, the old-school free hand way. Since the car was white w/ white vinyl top and red interior, my dad couldn't decide on red or gold for the pinstripes, so the salesman said he could do one of each. I found a pic, but it's kind of hard to make out, gold on top, red on bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts