Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i am driving my car, and giving it gas, the whole car shakes. (side to side) Once i let off the gas it stops shaking, and goes down the road just a smooth and straight as possible. I have had the wheels balenced twice. I just want to get this figured out before it gets any worse. Thankx for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How fast are you going before it starts shaking? If it starts vibrating around 100 or 60mph then it most likly is a tire balancing issue. If it starts shaking at a lower speed, it could possibly be that the tires are cupped. Run your hands over the tires and spin it looking for any bumps in the tires. Could also be a hub assembly or CV joint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tires are pretty new. i looked at them and everything checked out good. I have also talked with a few friends, and they have said some stuff about the tranny and engine mounts. would that be a good place to start?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i replaced the Tranny mount, and TADA!!!! it is fixed. Thanks to Frank4202 for your input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my 01 impala craks when i turn the wheel

i have a 01 impala on 20' before i never had a problem but now, when i turn the wheel it makes a sound like if hits, like a cranks but only when im exiting from a drive way or when its parked and im leaving from where im parked. i tooked the car to the mechanic, but he can find anything wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts