Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 impala Ls 3.8 isn't making any sense I've checked it through and through the dash lights is not all coming on only lights that's on is the engine light and brake light but when I unhook the Body Control Module (BCM) everything thing is on the lights all come on so I've changed the (BCM) and still the same results when I hook it back up no lights but the brake light and engine light is on no security light just those two lights I've checked all the fuses I've checked the starter and I've checked the ignition switch the the same results if anyone knows what or how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it if you could send me a message I need the help.. thanks for your time

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
My 04 impala Ls 3.8 isn't making any sense I've checked it through and through the dash lights is not all coming on only lights that's on is the engine light and brake light but when I unhook the Body Control Module (BCM) everything thing is on the lights all come on so I've changed the (BCM) and still the same results when I hook it back up no lights but the brake light and engine light is on no security light just those two lights I've checked all the fuses I've checked the starter and I've checked the ignition switch the the same results if anyone knows what or how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it if you could send me a message I need the help.. thanks for your time
Your post is somewhat rambling and short of specific details.

Have you checked the basics? Battery, battery terminals clean, battery cable connectors clean and tight, battery cable connections on opposite end of the cables (ground and starter) clean and tight?

Have you wiggled the transmission lever shifter to see if the neutral safety switch is bad? Perhaps put the shifter into the neutral position, then try to start?

Why did you change the BCM? Are you aware it must be programmed with your car’s VIN and options to operate correctly?

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts