Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now or can i do something 2 fix it? My car had been running perfectly until i had my pan cleaned in my transmission,now my mechanin says that my transmission is shot.Is there anything i can do.I mean up until this my car was running great , now its skipping and it delays when i shift into Drive.Some one referred me to Transmagic Tranny solution (does it work)?Any suggestions

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like you got the shaft !!! sorry,not trying to be funny. An 2004 tranny should not be "shot" Check the better business bereau to see if they have had other complaints, This is not normal !! for routine service, i would seek legal advise for damages caused.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smell the transmission fluid on the dipstick. If it smells like it is burned the mechanic is probably right. If it doesn't smell bad you could get a second opinion from a Chevy dealer.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id say who ever did the job wasnt that smart a car tranmission will outlast the car most of the time even if not changed ive been driving and doing work on other people car for 30 plus yrs now and unless you really abuse your car they was no reason for it to happen at such a early age ive drove cars 20 yrs old that never had any tran wortk done at all and they work just fine.. and no the shuff dont help repair it helps keep one right im sure you just got got and there not much you can do for that have another shop check it out and dont say anything see what they tell ya might have been a scam could have been someone who didnt know what they was doing but it will be lik eimpossible to do muich more than replace now if thats what it really is so have it check will be your only hope

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id say who ever did the job wasnt that smart a car tranmission will outlast the car most of the time even if not changed ive been driving and doing work on other people car for 30 plus yrs now and unless you really abuse your car they was no reason for it to happen at such a early age ive drove cars 20 yrs old that never had any tran wortk done at all and they work just fine.. and no the shuff dont help repair it helps keep one right im sure you just got got and there not much you can do for that have another shop check it out and dont say anything see what they tell ya might have been a scam could have been someone who didnt know what they was doing but it will be lik eimpossible to do muich more than replace now if thats what it really is so have it check will be your only hope

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me guess monro? midas? go to a tranny shop immediately. if you r smart and you have AAA have it towed there. sue the jerk who incorrectly serviced your tranny.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me guess monro? midas? go to a tranny shop immediately. if you r smart and you have AAA have it towed there. sue the jerk who incorrectly serviced your tranny.

·
Registered
557 Posts
take it to autozone and find out if it has any codes in the PCM, if you get a P1811 code, it most likely just needs a pressure control solenoid, and its only like $40 for the part and about 5 hours labor. Its a lot cheaper than getting a whole new trans. Its rare to just magically need a trans all of a sudden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts