Impala Forums banner

Multiple electrical issues please help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1999 White C5 Coupe 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 impala lt 3.6L engine. Recently ( 2 weeks ish ) I have been having problems with my climate control panel lights going on and off and when this happens the ac stops blowing, and will throw random codes ( theft deterrent system, tire learning active, etc. ) really any code there is it has said it. My air bag light now will come on for like 10 seconds, ding, then go away. Repeatedly! My whole screen in my car won’t even turn on sometimes. I know my alternator is running fine, battery is good. I’ve checked multiple fuses and all of them are fine. I replaced my side marker light that was blown, didn’t fix anything. The bottom picture is what lights were on this morning, I have noticed it tends to do it when the engine is cold. I have no idea what to do next. Help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I’d bet your car battery is weak and/or has a bad cell. How do you know it is good?

I would also suggest removing and cleaning the battery terminal connectors with a battery terminal brush, after you’re positive the battery is in excellent condition. One clue is the warnings appear when the engine is cold and you’re first starting the engine.

A weak battery and / or dirty or loose terminal connectors can cause all sorts of electrical issues and set codes, due to intermittent and brief failures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.