Impala Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently on the classifieds and saw a guy selling a Multicolored grill peice with controller for a decent price. I meet up with him and he ends up selling me a whole Spool of this stuff, and I am pretty impressed.

I ran the spool how I wanted it around bumper, mounted controller, found a constant 12v source and I was set. Looks pretty cool, might try and hide the strip along the bottom, just not sure yet.

Controller starting to give me problems after a day driving it around, buttons aren't lining up to what they're supposed to be and overnight my REDs are all out, limiting some colors. gonna check the harnesses later today when I run a kill switch to module. Could anyone give any tips on the best way to get through firewall into the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Passenger side floor panel has a grommet for running wires thru. I will also be installing new custom grill and underglow this summer.

·
Registered
8/14 IOTM~2003 LSSport,Overkilled,Custom CAI,Res delete,SLP Superflo's,GMPP Kit,DR brackets
320 Posts
Couldn't get away with that here in Virginia.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yep. However, they cannot say a word if the car is registered within another state!

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe 《♤》

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
It's a little too much for my tastes. Reminds me of Christmas lights kind of. I think less would look better. But hey, my opinion is NOT what matters, it's your opinion that matters. I'm sure you wouldn't like some things I've done to my cars!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have pretty much the same opinion as TSS. It's a bit much for me personally, but as long as you like it that's all that matters.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I Have LED light Behind the grill has well but Only have 2 Light Bars to light the Grills. Have the wire running through the Firewall to a switch inside to be able to control when they are on or off. Paid around $20 Bucks for both of them. Has 7 Different colors to choose from and Many modes!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yep. However, they cannot say a word if the car is registered within another state!
They can still laugh and point though...

Reactions: carlos64030

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Have LED light Behind the grill has well but Only have 2 Light Bars to light the Grills. Have the wire running through the Firewall to a switch inside to be able to control when they are on or off. Paid around $20 Bucks for both of them. Has 7 Different colors to choose from and Many modes!

I do think the bottom needs to be hidden a bit more, so lights aren't as visible and only their affects are shown. I love your door handles I saved your thread for whenever I plan on doing it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There was a set of four 18w 4-inch leds from nilight on Amazon for $31.99 and a set of 2 20-inch @ 126w for $52.99 from same company.

The way my nose is setup on my 2014 Chevy Impala LS, is it better for the bar or the 4-piece set? I mainly want to cover the corners.

I can change out the grill plugs that covers where the DRLs go in an LTZ, but I do not have that kind of money up front (maybe never).
@Sleepy Panda

I do like your lights with the multi-functional color display. But I need function rather that bling right now, can the white leds double as fog lights, too? I need to watch my $$$. I mean I now they are inexpensive, however. Where did you purchase the lights and control panel? Can you remotely control them?

Also how did you do your door handles' lighting? Did you take the power from one of the door's led light leads? That way they can also be dimmed as well from the dash dimmer switch?

Thanks.

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe 《♤》

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts