Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took it out on the open highway yesterday I was getting 30 to 40mpg.(I'll check when I fill up)
Not too bad since I was going between 80 & 90mph on the freeway. I found that 80mph is the sweet spot between getting there fast and maximum fuel efficiency.
What does the "MPG INST" mean?

I seen it at 50 to 99+MPG "MPG INST" (assuming the max is 99 on the screen.)

I was in someone else draft, but keeping up with traffic.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The inst mpg on my car seed that I get 35mpg the real mpg seed 22.7. the calculated when I fill up seed 22.5 mpg and the fuel range seed 398 miles left

Mpg inst I think is to help you whit your driving habit. 99 is infinity it can not calculate higher than that

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only used 1.5 gallons of fuel (42MPG highway) 63miles driven one way(this includes the possible 0.4 that I think the computer is off by) I'll fill it up to see the actual amount used since I am gonig on another long trip

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I had am 2005 base impala 3.4. I install the DIC it was off by 3 gal it seed 29 mpg. the calculated was 26mpg and the gal used was off by 1.5 gal

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Same here volume. I used litres but its all the same.

My gauge never shows an accurate amount used and its regularly off 4 gallons from full to empty.

·
Gazelle Pilot
48 Posts
That means "Instant MPG". Not hard to peg it our at 99 if you are at speed and off the gas. That is the MPG you are getting "Right Now". Avg. is closer after some use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts