Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheres a good place to mount an amp in the trunk... like on the side or something and how do you mount it... i may mount it on the back of my box b/c i cant on top since it hits the rear seat clipsthat hang down. thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
mounting to tha box isnt a bad idea thats what i did but also hiding it makes it harder for someone who knows what there doing to steal the box and amp if there connected ( b bodys are not that hard to break into thieves have been stealing them for years ) i dont know about your f body???:biggrin:

·
Registered
657 Posts
the 2000-current impalas are w-body. the f-body were camaros and firebirds. it was one of GM's rear wheel drive platforms up until 2002, i believe. as you know, our imps are "wrong wheel drive":rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea sry about that complication im not up to date on the body style but ill try to remmber next time sry again .......... the w does make it easier to remember:biggrin:

·
Registered
375 Posts
If it's a smaller-size amp, you could mount it up in the factory position (if you don't have the factory amp). That position is on the bottom of the rear deck, between the 6*9's.

Some people have mounted equipment behind the wheel wells to fill in the gap of somewhat useless space there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts