1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Geeeez man good luck :gaah:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Damn man, sorry to hear. Hopefully it last ya till the GTO comes into play. :hope:

Reactions: Ejbiers

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Didn't you just have the heads worked on? Random misfires after a job of that depth and I would be back to that shop and have them fix it.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything got pulled apart and cleaned then all new gaskets put on. No actual machining work was done on the heads or block..and that was done at a dealer under warranty.

My oiil still smells like gas and it still has a exhaust leak by the manifold.

I'm just gonna check the plugs and see what story they tell for now.

Only a couple more weeks and she will be getting traded in anyways...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Easier to trade in a vehicle that works over one running like ass with codes though ;)

I knew it was just gaskets, I didn't mean to imply machining. They would have remove all the plugs and wires is all I meant and when doing so caused different problems.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It runs fine other then once in a while throwing a code. But it throws them at the end of the day usually so idk what's up with that. But I don't even hear or feel the misfire so it can't be too bad. Other than the cel popping up you would never know there was a problem and it still runs mega strong.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I knew it was just gaskets, I didn't mean to imply machining. They would have remove all the plugs and wires is all I meant and when doing so caused different problems.
That's very true, if they did smurf something up then it's weird it's happening this late and not instant but I'll keep an eye on spark plug boots when I pull them maybe they are loose.. I'm just pulling stuff out my rear now. I'll just update after work when I get car into our shop and pull everything.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hey Ejbiers, is it possible that pushing your Impala too hard is what caused the majority of the problems that you're having with your car? My 2006 Impala is still running pretty much perfectly and it's 7 years old now. Your car is newer I think and has 2 misfiring cylinders? I've never redlined my car, but man does it have loads of power between 3000-4000 RPMS. :D

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iv always drove all my vehicles hard but also maintained them meticulously. All my fluids get checked every day and any problems instantly get fixed. I am a auto enthusiasts, I buy my cars to drive them and have fun doing it...

I would say it's just me but I have seen many people have the same problems I have and when there are tsb"s on these issues it assures me I'm not all at fault. But I'm sure if I babied the car I wouldn't have as many problems. But, I would still have some.

I also used to put 50k miles a year on the car with commuting so it got used alot more than most people used theirs.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Ejbiers, I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress! I realize you prefer the DIY approach, but please do keep us in mind if you decide to involve your dealer at any point. Customer Service is always happy to step in and contact your dealer on your behalf, so please send me a private message for further assistance anytime.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Katie.

I will just do some diagnosis after work today but most likely it is gonna be a major problem like it always is with this car.

Since my car is still under warranty, I will make sure gm fixes it and pays for the outrageous bill once again like they did a couple months ago.

Thanks for you concern.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Modern engines will take a lot of abuse before anything comes of it, if anything, his hard driving would create transmission and suspension problems. The engine trouble seems like it probably started as the normal issues these cars have, and was just fixed improperly.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But it does have a fuckin suhweet custom intake I rigged up myself and a cat back exhaust. (it's a magnaflow PERFORMANCE catback yo!)

According to the first time I brought it to the dealer it increases horsepower enough to blow the Fuck out of the gaskets on the motor.

Psh who needs a turbo brah

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wow, didn't have any idea an extra 7hp could cause that much damage!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
If you can't thrash your car why drive it? Why pay for it? Give it hell Ej!!! :eek:k3:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pulled and cleaned all the plugs they look like they should with 40k miles on them.

All the wires are providing spark.

How common is it for the coils to go on these motors?
I got 97k miles on it by the way.

It went from a miss once a day to constantly missing, I'm thinking the coil is going out.
Also so far all I have gotten is random misfire,misfire on cylinder 1, misfire on cylinder 6.

How many coils are on the car and are 1 and 6 on the same bank/coil?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts