Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my trans replace, in my '04 Chevrolet Impala ;P 3.4L, 2 months ago, and been having trouble with it ever since, I went to get it checked and EVERY time I went it would work great, so the last time they took it in and replaced the trans lines, 300$ later no more leaks, but its still acting up. So the thing that happens is that at around 2700 RPMs on the second gear, while accelerating from a stop, its just like someone would tap an, imaginary, clutch pedal you know? Like the RPMs go up about 200 to 300 and then right back down like nothing ever happened and doesn't do it in any other gears.

And while reading the "check engine light impala 2003" thread and auntjemima got me thinking with a comment about fuel economy... I have noticed a drop, but apart from that there isn't anything in that thread that resembles my problems.

I'll try and get a video tomorrow for your entertainment :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Slip

This is something I would have to drive to have a better idea. However it goes something like this. Bad or nicked seal, valve or solenoid sticking. Something is not applying or allowing a valve to move into or out of position most likely. One reason why when you take it in that it runs fine is because if it is a nicked seal it may heat up and expand and then it allows the clutch pack to apply properly. Same could go for a sticky valve on a down shift to first when coming to a stop or taking off. Of course there is always other things. Either way if it's under warranty tell them to fix it.

jeff

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is something I would have to drive to have a better idea. However it goes something like this. Bad or nicked seal, valve or solenoid sticking. Something is not applying or allowing a valve to move into or out of position most likely. One reason why when you take it in that it runs fine is because if it is a nicked seal it may heat up and expand and then it allows the clutch pack to apply properly. Same could go for a sticky valve on a down shift to first when coming to a stop or taking off. Of course there is always other things. Either way if it's under warranty tell them to fix it.

jeff
Oh and I forgot this, it only happens when it's hot.

And yeah "tell them to fix it" they always find something that I'll have to pay and FFS I'm just a student and I don't have anymore money dammit! (sorry this pisses me off big time) But yeah, I have to go see them anyways since I need to keep my car for another while still.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Good info already posted here. I want to note that the "fuel Econ" you mentioned was likely torque converter talk and referenced 4th (final) gear. This shouldn't be apparent in 2nd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts