Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble with moisture in the headlights? Any idea how to fix this or if it would be under warranty? Hard to believe this is happening on a vehicle this new...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I havent seen a single new Impala with a headlamp water intrusion issue yet. If its water droplets or pooling water any dealer will warranty it, if its only vapor, many wont as GM says vapor that doesnt condense to droplets is normal and not to replace lamps.

My 2014 is an early build and is 18 months or so old, no issues like this on mine

·
Registered
568 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with moisture in the headlights? Any idea how to fix this or if it would be under warranty? Hard to believe this is happening on a vehicle this new...
So what does this all mean???

http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-9th-gen-discussion/499049-hid-lights-on-impala-2lt-2.html#post1529362

Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 PM #27 (permalink)
bigphill911

tried installing a xenon depot volt kit with 0 luck guess i must need a kit with a relay

·
Registered
544 Posts
Good catch impy,....bigphil, when you installed your hids did you modify the headlamp housing in anyway? Did get the bulb caps seated back in place properly? Did you make sure the seals on the caps were undamaged? did you open the lights when there was a large temperature difference between the headlamp and the ambient temperaute?

Any and all of these things can/will cause condensation in your lights, and none of them are the cars fault.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never got it to work so it's sitting on the counter lol. Had the dust caps off in the garage for maybe half hour before putting them back on. It is just like a vapor looking and actually went away after sitting in son for a day. However I believe I saw a small amount of vapor on them before ever taking dust caps off but appears to go away quickly every time. Never had this on any headlights before that I can recall. Then again never had any headlights that arw clear with all the details these have either

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got 2015 2lt it has vapor or water in drivers side headlight Sun does not dry it out. Will take to dealer soon, no big deal, am sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Strange thing happened I was power washing the bug juice off front of car and when finished, the vapor/water than had been in car sense new is now gone. Will keep close watch on it to see it it returns.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have condensation in my passenger headlight. Could be because the cover on the back of the headlight is missing bit then again my car has been in an accident and the chevy dealer doesn't want to do nothing unless i pay a diagnosing fee. Thats bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Our new 2015 gets a little at the bottom, never noticed this in our leased 2014, goes away in the sun or a drive with the lights on.

If you're going to do aftermarket HID's you don't need canbus ballasts. You do need a relay harness and you also need to install an anti-flicker module inline with the factory headlamp connection you use to power the coil in the relay or the relay will chatter in DRL mode causing the HID's to flicker and you to be annoyed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a round plastic piece that reveals the balast and i noticed the passenger side headlamp was missing it. I think this is why my halo went out. I just bought the piece at the dealer for 40! Bucks, so I'm going to have my mechanic fix it and im going to put that cover back on to see if moisture was the problem for condensation and the light going out.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Impala premier..condensation in passenger headlight
I found water in my passenger headlight for my 2018 Chevy Impala Premier. My millage just passed 36,000 so it is no longer covered under the manufacturers warranty. I called my extended bumber to bumber and they said that is not a covered item. So I call the dealer back and learn the replacement headlight assembly is $1200! How did you get your issue taken care of? Does anyone have advice?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts