Impala Forums banner

Moist condensation in my 2000 Chevy Impala. Why??

2K views 1 reply 0 participants last post by  paul h 
G
#1 ·
I get a lot of moist condensation (fog) inside my car if I park my car outside. Insde all the windows and even inside the trunk. It looks like someone sprayed water all over. If I wipe off with a towel, the towel gets all soggy. This happens everyday, even if I just park my car outside for 30 minutes. What's wrong with my car??

G
#2 ·
Humidity can build up inside the car from human breath and from snow or water tracked into the car and can condense on the windows.
Crack a window open slightly when parking or driving to allow moisture/humidity to escape and to equalize with ambient outside air. Run your heater in the defrost mode with a/c on to dry incoming air and also set to fresh air option rather than recirculate to bring in drier outside air in winter. Check the a/c drain to make sure it's not plugged. Make sure the heater core is not leaking too....coolant has a sweet smell to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.