Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
danny boy i thought u were trying to sell your fwd car????:confused::tongue::biggrin:

hmm 14's, hopefully thats what im running or im gna be sad ill let u know

·
Registered
358 Posts
top swap FTW!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The HVIII intake insert: Im still thinking about that HVIII,they clame a 30hp jump.Seems rather high for just adding a baffle in your intake.What does it really do anyway? Also what does it do that gives that kind of hp increase? Does most of that power come @ the upper rpm range?
Mid to upper range, REALLY wakes up the car, 30hp seems a bit hi, but you can REALLY tell the difference driving after install. Def recommend to any N/A ot Turbo 3800!

I'd like to add a underdrive crank pulley,were could i get one and whats best?
Not that easy, these cars ARENT internally balanced, they use a dampener, only under drive avail is a SFI one around $400-500... dont bother

What about the 1.9 roller rockers,good thing to add and why? Should i add new valve springs as well?
Again, great mid-top range, it basically alters the amount of lift your car sees, so its similar to doing a cam, but you wont see the gains you would from a cam, the bonus is that this SHOULD only take a few hours to install, and is A HELL OF ALOT EASIER than a cam!

Still trying to locate a A/C delete pulley......Sheds waight and frees up some power.Yeah thats what daddy likes :tongue:
http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2...ode=IR&Product_Code=IAD-380&Category_Code=PBF

I would really like to be in the very low 15's to high 14's if possable.Don't even know what my car runs now due to i don't go to any tracks.
Stock is in the 16's, i ran a 15.310 w/ a gt1 cam. tune, cai.... still have the cam if you want it, I'll let it go for $200....
HVIII+cam (or rockers) + a/c delete+ shift kit would prob get you into the 15.0 range, W/ the cams, its recommended you run a higher stall converter to fully take advantage of the powerband, but its not necessary ;) and easier way is to do the HD Diff upgrade, that will change your FDR from 3.05 to 3.29, and is typically about the same price as the stall, and easier to install.. although you prob already have 3.29 gears since you're a 9c1... I'll hav eto check the RPO coes and let you know which one is for 3.29... i keep forgetting ;)

Also look into a downpipe and front power log they help BIGTIME!

most of the stuff listed only helps in the mid-top end range . and w/ the exhaust stuff you'll loose in the bottom end range, but more than make up for it in the mid/top

1 - 4 of 4 Posts