Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2018 Impala this week but I’ve been doing a lot of research on exterior mods. I know I want to de-chrome the exterior and I got a quote for carbon-fiber-look vinyl wrap but that was about $1100 (whew) Not knockin’ the guy cuz his work is top shelf but I may have aim lower.
I painted all the chrome on my Chrysler convertible in a satin black and that has held up quite well so I may do a bit of that.
Wheels and tires are a must but I’ll probably stick with stock sizes since I do like the stance and handling.
I also think a rear spoiler would look nice and maybe a subtle hood treatment…just not sure what.
I’m also going to de-badge and maybe switch to an Eagle theme but I’ll have to work on a proper design.
Let the transformation begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Do not paint the trim black on a blue car like that.. it's a bad look. Just take the chrome off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a heat gun and I'm going to try my hand at doing some vinyl wrap myself. If the black looks bad I can peel it off and try something else like a metal blue.
I got the Magnaflow mufflers put on and my ESR wheels arrived today so that will be next.
Still working on Eagle designs for the de-badge and decal install.

Reactions: RobHazmat

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having a lot of trouble finding the Blue Velvet Metallic paint in spray can. Does anyone know if Ming Blue is a close match?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, after a bit of research it seems Blue Velvet, Dark Sapphire and Old Blue Eyes all share the WA410Y paint code
Creative naming I guess? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts