Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyes. Im missing a panel for the under part of my dash which covers the steering column. I am trying to find this part but after researching im still frustated and confused about which part or parts i need. Can anyone help me. Thanks

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
It looks like you're missing #33 and #31.. they are usually called kick panels but I don't know the stock name, but whereever you got that diagram, it should have the part number attatched...

Best bet would be to find them at a scrap yard, I can't see them charging you more than $20 for the both, just make sure you find the matched color if that doesn't bother you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the site i found the diagram they wanted 118$ for part 33 which makes no sense to me. I will check out some scrap yards like you said. Thanks for the help guyes:beer:

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I'M SORRY, I SEE THAT # 33 IS FOR THE P/S, YOU NEED #32!..

I know on my 7th gen (I'm assuming you have/that diagram is from an 8th gen), the #32 just alligns then snaps into place, and the #31 gets clipped then 2 screws.. but the footwell socket and bulb connect into the #31 an I'm not seeing the bulb in your cars pic... btw, wth is that male socket hanging there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i realized that too. So i think i need 33 and 32 maybe 37 as well. The socket hanging there is the OBD socket and the light bulb is there too just hanging but cant be seen in the pic. Thanks again man.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
head to a junk yard and start pulling the pieces off, get everything you have to remove to get it to where your is at.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
X3 on the junkyard man. You can get all the parts you need, cheaply, and have fun doing it! Lol

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
and you could grab anything extra you may need down the road :eek:k3:

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Or grab mods that someone else did. I found an aftermarket SS spoiler for a 7th gen last time I went to the yard

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Or grab mods that someone else did. I found an aftermarket SS spoiler for a 7th gen last time I went to the yard
Find a bunch of parts everybody on here is always needing and start your own for sale thread :eek:k3: :beer:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
That's what I always do Scotty. The place locally charges next to nothing for parts. $2.26 for an LS cluster, for instance.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Nice! Not saying for anybody to go around tearing anybody a new one with prices, but you'd be able to sell cheap enough to make it a fair price but still pull a profit for yourself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turns out im missing part 33, 32 and 37 lol. Been to 4 scrap yards here in Montreal still cant find a single Impala and GM wants 300$ + for those panels. Another guy is selling his SS wheels for 2 grand.. times are hard here. Ill keep looking guyes thanks again for all the help.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I'll look for em next time I'm at the yard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the parts off ebay finally. Does anyone have any pictures of how an 8th gen should look under the driver side dash?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts