Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a new car. I don't wanna buy any plastic Japanese cars. I prefer something safer. I liked the look of Mercury Milan. But I don't see many Milan driving around or any real customer reviews. Another option would be chevrolet impala. They are about the same price and same size. But i guess chevrolet has more reputation. I'd love to see some suggestion from people. BTW, when would be a good time to buy a new car if i don't need a car right away?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you're looking for performance, go with the Chevy; if you're more style-conscious, buy a Milan. They are both very good vehicles, each is intended for it's own buyer.

I don't believe the Milan is intended to compete with the Impala "head-to-head", since the Impala has many more performance enhancements (like the V8, GT options, and many others). I'd drive them both, look at the reviews and THEN make my own decision.

Since you're in no hurry, I'd wait until the end of the year (2007), since most dealers run sales and offer rebates in order to clear out their "surplus" inventory, unless you want a 2008, in which case you can place your order at any time.

Good luck!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are nice cars.. The Impala I think is a larger car though.. If you like American cars I would also test drive the new 2008 Saturn Aura GMs new car. It is getting high praise from the reviewers and is a (IMHO) really good looking car. And just one more thought... be sure that you plan to keep what you buy for several years because in 3 years them plastic Japanese cars will be worth twice as much in resale value.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on the features you want. I was in almost the exact same predicament... and ended up buying a Volvo. Often times, the best car for you is somewhere in between.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion, the Chevrolet Impala is better than the Mercury Milan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts