Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Just quickly....Can anyone tell me IF I wanted to measure my 08' Impala SS mpg do I have to reset anything from the dash board electronics or just leave it as is and see what it tells me?:dunno:

Thanks,

Durango

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If you plan on using the DIC for it, you will have to reset your average mileage. However, it's not very accurate, so you should calculate it yourself. Pick one of the trip odometers to use, reset it when you fill up, then next time you fill up, divide the mileage by the number of gallons it took to fill, that's your mileage for that tank of gas.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you plan on using the DIC for it, you will have to reset your average mileage. However, it's not very accurate, so you should calculate it yourself. Pick one of the trip odometers to use, reset it when you fill up, then next time you fill up, divide the mileage by the number of gallons it took to fill, that's your mileage for that tank of gas.
Kingnutin,

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to see what the electronics shows me so in the systen itself all I need to do is reset the odometer? Usually I reset both trip counters at the same time just after fill-up.

If it's off I'd like to get an idea of how much it's off compared to my math with a calculator.

Durango

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Cycle through to the average MPG, hold down the check button till it resets, then you can begin. As it is, there is no way of knowing the last time is was reset, so its still averaging from whenever that was.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cycle through to the average MPG, hold down the check button till it resets, then you can begin. As it is, there is no way of knowing the last time is was reset, so its still averaging from whenever that was.
kingnutin,

OK I gotcha on that! I'll do just that when I leave work today. I admit I never did that sine I bought the car new back in 09'

Thanks,

Durango

1 - 6 of 6 Posts